ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    Naw, you're crap, you're just a n00b.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh, no he didn't :whip:
    Omfgz, I can't believe you just did that, Ahmed

:hand:

I will forever torture you with the likes of 'yeah/like/innit' and the sort from now on.

Like, you're so :camp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    everyone who says "skeen" should be shot.

:yep:
    You can't shoot the OP!

ReputationRep:
    The same applies for the people who say 'yeah'.

If you do say 'yeah' or 'like' after every sentence and don't want to be shot, explain why.

/discuss.
    AGREED. Although that may be due to limited vocabulary.. and some people find it hard to express themselves.. coherently. lol :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed Noirin from Big Brother does it. It does get quite annoying after a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Omfgz, I can't believe you just did that, Gangsterboy

:hand:

I will forever torture you with the likes of 'yeah/like/innit' and the sort from now on.

Like, you're so :camp:
    I'm sowee.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man I completely agree, especially the 'yeah'

ReputationRep:
    You can't shoot the OP!
    Yes i can, if you use that awful word.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sowee.
    Talk to the hand, yeah :talkhand:

ReputationRep:
    The same applies for the people who say 'yeah'.

If you do say 'yeah' or 'like' after every sentence and don't want to be shot, explain why.

/discuss.
    What is worse is when people use it inappropriately when writing, this post for example;

"i saw it like on the simple life too, apparantly it like rips you if you get what i mean so before i was like kill myself"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Talk to the hand, yeah :talkhand:
    I'm sorry. :sigh:

We are still friends till we die, Queen of /B/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzar_Chasm)
    It's hard. I say "like" more than I should but this is because I have speech problems and I'm not very articulate. It is more common (for me at least) in nervous/pressure situations. I can't help it; I doubt many people who constantly say "like" make a conscious effort to do so (e.g. to sound cool), it just happens.

Don't dis.
    Hey, your not alone. I also have a speech condition, which forces me to say "like" and "err" under heavy pressure situations, instead of taking pauses, my brain forces me to say everything way too quickly which leads to my speech going out of control and my brain going into overload. It may be related to my mild case of stammer which i use to have, but fortunately, has greatly reduced over time.

ReputationRep:
    lol at the predictable responses :rofl:

ReputationRep:

What the feck is /B/?! :zomg:

ReputationRep:

/B/ doesn't exist like.

If I was shot, I couldn't help tell my personal army of anons to shoot you :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    like, sorry i like saying like after, like, every word, like. it's just like, the way i like, am, like you know? like.
    (it's obvious, but i'm bored so...)

i don't mind it...it's better than pausing after every single word i suppose. it's more annoying when they say 'like' online though, there's no need. think before you type.

edit: and i'm a little bias cause i always say 'ermmm' 'like' *pause* in person, unless i'm really comfortable around you i speak like a right fool. people exaggerate it though

ReputationRep:
    Why are people ever so serious on a thread as this? Of course I won't shoot no one...

They must say Like, yeah and init in the same sentence to be deemed worthy of killing :awesome:
    I was joking in my post :o:

ReputationRep:
    I practically use "like" as a conjunction. It gets even worse when I'm under pressure, and whenever I try to get it under control, I end up saying it more or having awkward pauses. Sorry, I know it's annoying.
    I was born and bred in SoCal, as was my mom and her whole extended family, so I don't even hear it unless it gets completely ridiculous. You should have heard some of the class presentations I had to listen to in high school. I swear one nervous girl in 10th grade English said "like" more than she breathed.

ReputationRep:
    Ermm I guess it can be annoying.. I'm not sure like, so yeah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    I would rather people who added 'much' to things where it isnt necessary were were shot.
    i.e 'Drunk much'

I hate that.

Me too!
    Also people have started (especially on facebook) to add 'dow i' onto the end of sentences. I mean i'm no grammer nazzi or english freak but that is taking the piss!

'I love my friends, dow i'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menaa-x)
    Ermm I guess it can be annoying.. I'm not sure like, so yeah...
    HEPI BIRFDEH! :wizard:

:awesome:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.