What the feck is /B/?! :zomg:
    The sewer of the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gez_09*)
    Maybe you should try it, like. Yeah?
    :plz2:

Take note.

Exhibit B:

As if blud, you dun kno' 'bout my situaaation. Man telling me to do this, do that as if I'm a wasteman, you get me bruv? They needs to jam their hype, quick time; they lucky they not gettin' spilled on the streets blud. WASTMAN! I'll brush man.
    - As exhibit B shows you, the skills to type like a chav is displayed without the use of 'Like' and 'Yeah'. Suck skills can be easily learnt with time and practice.

You should try that sometime. Mmm...kay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanoi)
    The sewer of the internet.
    It's /b/ :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    basically, at the end of the day, like, people can talk how they want yeah, you get me?

ReputationRep:
    You know like, I was thinking about this the other day like, and I totally agree with you OP like. Like, it gets ridiculous like, how some people just don't stop saying like. I mean like, why do you have to say it so much like? It's like, totally unnecessary like. Like, I mean like, can't you express yourself in any other way like? I know this post appears like I'm ranting, and I probably am like, but really like, it's just so frustrating like. Like, why can't they just try for a day not to say like, and see what happens like? Because like, they'll probably prefer it and see how silly they're really being like.

ReputationRep:
    People who say like at the end of every sentance or:

ReputationRep:
    The problem is i use loads of these words in one sentence like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    You know like, I was thinking about this the other day like, and I totally agree with you OP like. Like, it gets ridiculous like, how some people just don't stop saying like. I mean like, why do you have to say it so much like? It's like, totally unnecessary like. Like, I mean like, can't you express yourself in any other way like? I know this post appears like I'm ranting, and I probably am like, but really like, it's just so frustrating like. Like, why can't they just try for a day not to say like, and see what happens like? Because like, they'll probably prefer it and see how silly they're really being like.
    I see what you did there. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    This is common in Ireland too, like.

ReputationRep:
    Henman should've been shot for saying "Er, Um, Yeah" during every brief interview after the tennis.
    Anywho, I say LIKE all the time. Too much. Literally, after every 5 words.

Sorry, thats life. Like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    :plz2:

Take note.

- As exhibit B shows you, the skills to type like a chav is displayed without the use of 'Like' and 'Yeah'. Suck skills can be easily learnt with time and practice.

You should try that sometime. Mmm...kay?
    Well when I become a complete typing nazi then I'll let u know. In the meantime I'll carry on "like"ing and "yeah"ing until that time mmm...kay?

ReputationRep:
    like?

ReputationRep:
    What about if someone is talking, for example, and says:

I was shocked and I went up to him and I was like "oh my god I can't believe you just said that" or any words in general that connect the word "like" between the talking and the quotation, is that bad and illegal as well?

It's a bad habit of mine, but I still feel indifferent about those who say "like" on the end of their sentences.
    Am I a hypocrite? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I do it but the only reason I do so is because my english sucks so I need to use "yeah's" and "like's" to buy some more time to think in what I'm going to say next, I know, lame.

ReputationRep:
    I say 'like' a lot, not how people up North use it, the way London'ers use it.

Shoot me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.