Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently at my work the standards of hygiene have fallen rapidly, in the past few months I've been there there's been broken sewage pipes that are left unfixed, a huge 2ft by 2ft mould patch in the staff/stock room and millions of tiny little flies hovering around everywhere.
    Here's the thing, I work in a shop that prepares and sells food and drink.
    One customer even refused to buy anything because of the flies around everywhere.
    What should I do? It's extremely unhygienic for the customers consuming the goods AND it's a disgusting place to work, constantly having flies swarming around me and biting me, let along having to change the bucket which the sewage leaks into (NOT in my job description).
    Anyway, apart from this I love this job, lol, a bit contradictory, but it was great before anyway.
    If I was to contact someone from some sort of standards agency who would it be?
    Or a more important question, would you complain, or leave it?

ReputationRep:
    If theres a sewage leak the place shouldnt even be open.

A couple of years ago there was a sewage leak across the road from the pub I worked at (nothing to do with the pub, and not really even anywhere near it, in terms of it causing problems in the kitchen etc) and the pub was ordered to stay closed due to health and safety.

Id complain, theres no way id clean up sewage, or work with flies all over the place especially around food.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably contact environmental health to be honest. Its not really fair on people to have to eat food from there. Someone might get some nasty bug or something. It cant be a nice environment to work in either. It will be much better if it gets sorted

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.