Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She already seems to have gotten over me Watch

I broke up with my girlfriend two weeks ago and it's been really bad since then. We were together for 9 months and she was my first love which I think makes it even harder to get over since everything is so new and all the emotions are new too. However, she seems to have already gotten over me. I can't know for sure and she may be putting on a really brave face and acting as she has but that's how it seems like. I haven't actually seen her but we have all the same friends pretty much and they've all said she looks really happy/fine.

One of her close friends even told me that she thinks she's been getting close to one of her other friends (closer than usual). I mean I can't believe it, only been 2 weeks (and it was her first relationship too) and she's already trying to get with someone else possibly?

I don't know why but I can't get over her. I know time heals all wounds and I'm sure I will get over her at some point and I do yet I have this tiny voice in my mind saying we still have a tiny chance. I feel like until that voice dies out I can't get over her because I'll still be thinking we could get back together - I know that won't be happening yet for some reason I still feel like we could!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry man, it looks like she was into someone else. Tough luck, but you'll recover no worries

ReputationRep:
    How did it end?

If she ended it, then its more understandable as I dont imagine she was in much of a relationshippy place with you if she felt the need/desire to break up with you. As such she is likely to have moved on quicker.

If you ended it, then it could be rebound, revenge, trying to make you jealous etc.

Of course, it could all be innocent and shes just looking for a friend after a break up.

(Original post by timetokill)
    How did it end?

If she ended it, then its more understandable as I dont imagine she was in much of a relationshippy place with you if she felt the need/desire to break up with you. As such she is likely to have moved on quicker.

If you ended it, then it could be rebound, revenge, trying to make you jealous etc.

Of course, it could all be innocent and shes just looking for a friend after a break up.
    Well she ended it but the way it happened was that we had a long chat because there was a few problems in the relationship (which I wanted to just sort out so we could both be happier). She, however, felt as though she didn't want to change or felt that she wasn't being a good girlfriend to me so decided it was best for me not to be with her. Strange I know because I did want to be with her but that's how it happened. She did break up with my I suppose but it wasn't like we met up and she did it, more due to what I said.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.