Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, looking foward to it, as it is my first festival.

ReputationRep:
    Want to go so much, but was unable to enlist anyone. It looks quite fantastic.
    Instead, I've wound up with a ticket to Reading, which I'm regretting now since there are only a handful of bands/artists there I care about seeing, and of those, I've already seen all but two anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slightly)
    Want to go so much, but was unable to enlist anyone. It looks quite fantastic.
    Instead, I've wound up with a ticket to Reading, which I'm regretting now since there are only a handful of bands/artists there I care about seeing, and of those, I've already seen all but two anyway.
    I am in the same position Although I'd really like to go to Green Man as well. The line up for that looks pretty super this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    I am in the same position Although I'd really like to go to Green Man as well. The line up for that looks pretty super this year.
    Same. Slow club, rumblestrips and Patrick Wolf are playing lattitude!! Think I am going Green Man though very hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Im going! Taraf de Haidouks are playing- the greatest gypsy band in the world so it is said! im not so sure yet, have to see them live , anyone else up for that?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! :teeth:
    30 mins from home, it would almost be silly not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    Same. Slow club, rumblestrips and Patrick Wolf are playing lattitude!! Think I am going Green Man though very hopefully.
    I saw Patrick Wolf play in Selfridges in Oxford Street a few months ago :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There's so much Wolf on this thread I had to post, but alas I'm not going to the festival

ReputationRep:
    I'm volunteering it as a CAT. Going down on Tuesday so I get almost a week of Latitude, can't wait I'm only really interested in seeing Thom Yorke and Mew as far as the music is concerned, but it seems a great festival regardless and the comedy lineup is pretty good. And working the fest makes it even more fun, but not looking forward to the midnight-8am shift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curly_hair_girl)
    Yeah, looking foward to it, as it is my first festival.
    Same - not sure what to take, so will probably end up taking faaaar to much stuff, meh. Sooooo wanted to take this costume, but alas it's too big...

(Original post by Lucyyy)
    Yes! :teeth:
    30 mins from home, it would almost be silly not to.
    Wish I lived that close! Going with a couple of friends from Wales, on buses and trains, so it'll take us about 7 hours to get there...

Can anyone who's been before recommend the best areas for camping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowrockandice)
    I haven't been before, but I can tell you that Yellow will be the liveliest, followed by the closer areas of red (A, maybe B). Then progressively quieter the further out you move, green being the quietest. So really, depends what you want! Another point to throw in is that apparently theft was (although still existent) less prevalent in yellow camping last year, due to being more lively and having people awake all hours of the night. It will probably depend on what time you get there as to where you'll find yourself as well.

It's my first festival too though, quite gutted I didn't go last year. My biggest worry is what to take in the way of food.. and whether to take the gas stove. Can't be sure whether I trust myself with it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Not been to Latitude before, but been to plenty of other festivals so I know a few general tips. Most important is don't camp right next to the path (drunk people falling on top of your tent at 4am isn't a fun wakeup call) and camp as far away from the toilets as possible (the difference in smell on the first day and last day is quite remarkable).

Other than that it's common sense. You won't have to worry about going for high ground or anything like that, everywhere will probably get a bit muddy if it rains but nothing too bad. If you're worried about mud, the further you camp away from the path, the less people will walk past your tent, the less muddy the area around your tent will be.

ReputationRep:
    Lucyyy/Svenjamin - great stuff, thanks. Was thinking Red B, probably. We're planning on getting there on Thursday afternoon, so will hopefully have a fairly decent choice of places.

Security is something I'm thinking about more now... I'm planning on taking nothing of any real value (no cameras etc.) except for a card, ID and phone, and then keeping them with me constantly.

(Original post by Lucyyy)
    It's my first festival too though, quite gutted I didn't go last year. My biggest worry is what to take in the way of food.. and whether to take the gas stove. Can't be sure whether I trust myself with it or not.
    Wasn't sure what to do about food either - we're all on a budget though so are taking two gas stoves and bringing most food in with us.

ReputationRep:
    Security is something I'm thinking about more now... I'm planning on taking nothing of any real value (no cameras etc.) except for a card, ID and phone, and then keeping them with me constantly.
    The main thing is to make sure all valuables are in your sleepingbag at night and keep everything away from the door. Thieves a lot of the time strike at about 4-6am when all the drunk people are sleeping heavy, so they tend to open the door, take what's lying around and run. Ideally sleep near the door with your bags on the opposite side of the tent.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.