Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

help just got the new sky HD and the planner looks exactly the same! watch

ReputationRep:
    I just got the new sky HD and the planner looks exactly like the same! Wheres is the new epg we were promised with the promotional video? I'm very tempted to ring sky and complain! Can someone please explain to me why I do not have the new EPG?!!!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyfantastic90)
    I just got the new sky HD and the planner looks exactly like the same! Wheres is the new epg we were promised with the promotional video? I'm very tempted to ring sky and complain! Can someone please explain to me why I do not have the new EPG?!!!:confused:
    What do you mean 'new Sky HD'. Did you get your box today or did you get a software update.

Only Pace and Thomson manufactured boxes can currently receive the update. The software for Amstrad and Samsung boxes are still being developed.

In addition, Sky are updating older customers first (March/April 2009). If your box is new (or is a Samsung or Amstrad), then you will have to wait a while before Sky get round to updating the EPG.

ReputationRep:
    I got the box yeaterday..okay then my mum called them and they said that it will be updating in a couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what make of box you have? It's likely to be Samsung, if so I'm not sure it will be a few days, you'll just need to wait until they get around to updating it.

ReputationRep:
    I've had the box since March but haven't been updated yet but not sure what make my sky box actually is anymore since they all look the same... Will they do an automatic update eventually for everyone because they have done it in the past?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasiClai)
    I've had the box since March but haven't been updated yet but not sure what make my sky box actually is anymore since they all look the same... Will they do an automatic update eventually for everyone because they have done it in the past?
    It probably says it somewhere on the box (at the back)

Pace

Manufacturer to the left

Thomson

Manufacturer on the right

Some Pace and Thomson boxes have been updated, remember Amstrad and Samsung haven't have any boxes updated yet.

Samsung

On the left

Amstrad

On the left

ReputationRep:
    i got a thompson HD box and recieved the update wayyyy back in the year!!! Not sure about it tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    It probably says it somewhere on the box (at the back)

Pace

Manufacturer to the left

Thomson

Manufacturer on the right

Some Pace and Thomson boxes have been updated, remember Amstrad and Samsung haven't have any boxes updated yet.

Samsung

On the left

Amstrad

On the left
    Ahh yes thanks, ..yeah mines Amstrad, that explains it

ReputationRep:
    first gen thompson box ftw.... the only box with component connections
    (although i dont use it)

the new epg is soo much nicer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    first gen thompson box ftw.... the only box with component connections
    (although i dont use it)

the new epg is soo much nicer
    Same but I'm getting problems with mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Do you know what make of box you have? It's likely to be Samsung, if so I'm not sure it will be a few days, you'll just need to wait until they get around to updating it.
    yeah I got the samsung

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Same but I'm getting problems with mine
    what kind of problems?

you can reset the sky hd box, ive done it before.
    its something like:

leave the tv on
    disconnect the sky box power
    hold down backup button, on the box itself
    plug in power
    when all the lights come on, you can let go
    on screen, it will tell you what its doing

more info:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=705244
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-h...ard-reset.html

ReputationRep:
    I've had Sky HD for months now and we still haven't received the new card or however you get the new guide, is it meant to take this long?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I hate my sky HD after is updated or what ever, messed up all round pretty much. Older version was better and easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    I've had Sky HD for months now and we still haven't received the new card or however you get the new guide, is it meant to take this long?
    im not fussed about the card.

what make of box do you have?
    like posted earlier, if you have a newer box, you may have to wait a bit longer for the update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Sky have to supply a new card every few years due to their contract with NDS (and the fact there is a loophole with the current card). That's why there is an advert on channel 998 - they are sending all subscribers (regardless of a Sky HD box or not) a new video card.

The EPG update is done over the air - it is not linked with the card replacement. It will also depend on the manufacturer of your Sky HD box as to when the update will occur (see above).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.