Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Overdue application for student finance, panic, politics and everything else. RANT! Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's not fair. As you may all know, the 'deadline' for student finance (for payments in September-ish anyway) is way over and I still havent submitted mine. The reason being, the online method (which is by far the quickest and easiest, for returning students anyway) is not working for me (the application is completed but it does not SUBMIT!!! :mad: ) but has done so for many other people I know.

So I called the SLC today and they told me i must submit a paper application. But, my student ID card isnt working so I can't get to uni and print the form out and my printer is broken at home so I can't use that either. Plus, the form is being sent to my home address, not my term address, at which I am now. My uni every February or so also unduly panicks students and threatens to kick them out of university if they do not ensure the tuition fee for that year is paid promptly. It's a lot of stress to take, especially when minds are focused towards the exams then.

Gosh life's hard.

ReputationRep:
    Can you get your parents to forward the form (when it arrives at your home address)? Get them to fill out anything they need to on the form before they send it, of course. Then you can get it and send it off as soon as possible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.