Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My brother attends a primary school (he is 6) where approx 20 people have contracted swine flu. Would you let your brother/sister attend school in such a situation?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah? tbf though its not really your choice whether they go to school or not.

ReputationRep:
    Someone in my little sister's primary school has it now. :oink:

ReputationRep:
    One of the teaching assistants where im doing my work experience is off with it and i think ive caught it from her. No biggie to me tbh.

ReputationRep:
    god the media are loving this swine flu stuff, scaring people

if the school things its that bad and these a big risk to the health of the kids the school would be closed

all the swine-flu deaths yes cos you know all apart from one person haven't had underlying health issues, and even that one we don't know if he was 80 or 20

normal flu kills 1000s every year, a hell of a lot more then swine flu has

ReputationRep:
    unless you have other health problems though, it's likely to just be a mild case of flu like any other. do people not realise how many people die per year of regular flu aswell? and theres no big hysteria over that!

ReputationRep:
    Half the schools in my town have got it and so do a few of my friends. Eventually I will probably get it too. However the chances of actually dying from swine flu are very tiny so I see no need to **** myself in fear. Let your brother go to school.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't.
    Fair enough it did seem like the media were scaring the **** out of people initially and making it into a bigger issue than it was to begin with, but I think young children and elderly and really going to become huge targets, lol. If it was my brother, I wouldn't let him go to school. But then again, I'm probably too over protective. And apparently Swine Flu is becoming resistant to that Tamiflu(sp?) drug? I dunno. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavemebehind)
    No, I wouldn't.
    Fair enough it did seem like the media were scaring the **** out of people initially and making it into a bigger issue than it was to begin with, but I think young children and elderly and really going to become huge targets, lol. If it was my brother, I wouldn't let him go to school. But then again, I'm probably too over protective. And apparently Swine Flu is becoming resistant to that Tamiflu(sp?) drug? I dunno. :eek:
    so what about normal flu, happens every year, and kills 1000s, 10,000s a year, would you not want them to go to school over that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    so what about normal flu, happens every year, and kills 1000s, 10,000s a year, would you not want them to go to school over that
    I know, I know, thats an obvious point but I guess with this whole fuss about Swine Flu its just freaked most people out including myself. Its probably because of the whole thing about how it'll mutate and it'll become resistant to the current drug. I guess its just been publicised so much, and its not just a worry within one country during say the winter months, its global and its happening now.

I guess I just need to calm down. .__.; Lol..

ReputationRep:
    I just did the 'swine flu symptoms checker' online and got 'dial 999' no joke

ReputationRep:
    I know, I know, thats an obvious point but I guess with this whole fuss about Swine Flu its just freaked most people out including myself. Its probably because of the whole thing about how it'll mutate and it'll become resistant to the current drug. I guess its just been publicised so much, and its not just a worry within one country during say the winter months, its global and its happening now.

I see where you're coming from, but pretty much everything you've said there (except for the media coverage ofc) applies to normal flu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McKholin)
    I see where you're coming from, but pretty much everything you've said there (except for the media coverage ofc) applies to normal flu
    Bloody hell, I fail.
    :p:

ReputationRep:

the whole resistant to tamiflu, yes about, its about in normal flu
    0.33% in adults, 4.0% in children, and 1.26% overall from 2004 clinical trials

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.