Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone help me figure out what song I'm thinking of? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I heard a song in a shop today, and I really want to know what it is. Here's all I can realy remember.

1) It starts off with basically someone singing, it's kinda slow but then after a while some instruments kick in and the vocals speed up a bit.

2) There is a female backing singer who sings the words "I'm on fire", in a kind of "I'm on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiire" way.

Anyone have the slightest idea?

ReputationRep:
    The song that comes to mind when I hear "I'm on fire" is 'Fire' by Kasabian, but I don't think it's a female singing.. look it up on YouTube see if it's the one?

ReputationRep:
    Is that all that you can tell us? I was going to suggest a Placebo and a Bruce Springsteen song but the female backing singer messed me up.

Edit: The previous poster is probably correct, dunno how I missed it!

ReputationRep:
    i'm almost certain you're thinking of 'Fire' by Kasabian (as above) it's a guy not a girl, btw.

ReputationRep:
    REALLY reminds me of Good Day by the Dresden Dolls, I'm almost positive, but they're not really shop material...

Edit: Give it a chance, the chorus is "God it's been a lovely day/everything is going my way/I took out the trash today and IIII'm on fiiiiire!" but the first two lines change every time.

Edit again: I'm wrong. She's not a backing singer, she's the only singer. Ah well. Listen anyway you might like just the same

ReputationRep:
    I answered this in the sticky thread. I was all proud of being the only one to answer, then I saw this thread :sad:

:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.