Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PS3 To Pick Up 360 Exclusive Title Watch

ReputationRep:
    Whilst we can’t reveal any specifics right now, we can now reveal that the PlayStation 3 will play host to a popular 360 favourite. The title, which has to remain under wraps with us for the time being, will be released towards the end of the year. We’ve been promised more information in roughly a month’s time, at which point we’ll be able to share the specifics, first. Our contact has also let us know that the studio will have other exciting news to share soon enough. Note that we can not talk about this further at this stage. Have a good week
    I do wonder what it is! I think its Mass Effect 2 , which we already knew about if it is that will suck! but what else could it be? Halo? Gears of War? who knows! excited to find out.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...notice how they say 'popular 360 favourite'. I don't think it will be a 360 exclusive appearing on the PS3 then. Yea, probably will be Mass effect 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    [IMG]Whilst we can’t reveal any specifics right now, we can now reveal that the PlayStation 3 will play host to a popular 360 favourite. The title, which has to remain under wraps with us for the time being, will be released towards the end of the year. We’ve been promised more information in roughly a month’s time, at which point we’ll be able to share the specifics, first. Our contact has also let us know that the studio will have other exciting news to share soon enough. Note that we can not talk about this further at this stage. Have a good week[/IMG]

I do wonder what it is! I think its Mass Effect 2 , which we already knew about if it is that will suck! but what else could it be? Halo? Gears of War? who knows! excited to find out.
    I doubt it's Halo:ODST since it's out in September, they'd have probably gone public with it if it were true, also I doubt MS would want to give up Halo being only on the 360.

I agree it might be Mass effect 2. Can't think of what else it could be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I doubt it's Halo:ODST since it's out in September, they'd have probably gone public with it if it were true, also I doubt MS would want to give up Halo being only on the 360.

I agree it might be Mass effect 2. Can't think of what else it could be.
    It could be Crackdown 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    It could be Crackdown 2?
    yeah actually do that, I didn't like Crackdown anyway, I wouldn't care if the PS2 got it, just don't give them Halo!

ReputationRep:
    I could spare mass effect 2 or crackdown 2. Just dont give 'em gears!

I have a distinct feeling its halo, bungie has already broken off from microsoft, and so are looking to diversify themselves. Halo was good while it lasted, but it looks like its really falling below standards lately. YOU CAN HAVE IT YOU SONY FIENDS

ReputationRep:
    A 360 EXCLUSIVE coulld never be bought by Sony. Microsoft are actively spending money to destroy sony, and in a finance war, sony loses.

It'll just be a title that wasn't out on ps3 before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    I could spare mass effect 2 or crackdown 2. Just dont give 'em gears!

I have a distinct feeling its halo, bungie has already broken off from microsoft, and so are looking to diversify themselves. Halo was good while it lasted, but it looks like its really falling below standards lately. YOU CAN HAVE IT YOU SONY FIENDS
    I'll play ODST before I make a judgement on how the Halo series is going.

I think Halo:reach will be good, there's no point trying to do more of the Halo ring's story now and so going back to before the Halo's with the general covenant war will be good. However again there's only so much you can do with that. They could MAYBE squeeze 2 games out of it then the Halo series should just be left alone IMO.

UNLESS of course they bring out Halo: The flood as a game with a huge army of flood invading earth with huge freaky flood monsters! Give me the complete backstory of the flood, how exactly their involved with the Forerunners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I'll play ODST before I make a judgement on how the Halo series is going.

I think Halo:reach will be good, there's no point trying to do more of the Halo ring's story now and so going back to before the Halo's with the general covenant war will be good. However again there's only so much you can do with that. They could MAYBE squeeze 2 games out of it then the Halo series should just be left alone IMO.

UNLESS of course they bring out Halo: The flood as a game with a huge army of flood invading earth with huge freaky flood monsters! Give me the complete backstory of the flood, how exactly their involved with the Forerunners.
    Read the halo books. They are ace. I already know what the storyline of halo:reach is!

ReputationRep:
    Fable 3

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect for sure... It wasn't showcased at the Microsoft press conference.

ReputationRep:
    source anyone? at the moment this 'news' carries no more weight than what you may hear down the pub. also mass effect is coming out next year, not the end of this year.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people have problems with this... "just don't give them halo!" being an example.

If it's a good game, why not allow more people the opportunity to play it?

I wouldn't expect it to be GoW though; they'd have to port the first two games, ideally, else the storyline wouldn't make much sense. Plus, it's one of the big games published by Microsoft.

Since Bungie split from Microsoft, it could be a halo game, although that would be a massive break from tradition for them. So as others have said, I'd expect it to be Mass Effect or Crackdown. (Once again, both are published by MS Game Studios, but I guess they might not hang onto them as much as some of the other exclusives).

ReputationRep:
    I can't see it being halo although that would be awesome! still my fav xbox game to date..

ReputationRep:
    Everyones saying not gear of war but Epic that develops gears of war said its quite possible that we will see it on the ps3 in the future this was back before gears 2 came out

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect I would think.

Although Biungie split from MS, MS still hold the rights to the Halo franchise, so would never let it go to the PS3. A lot of other 360 exclusives MS publish, so don't they would go to the PS3 either. With Mass Effect, although MS published the first one, the IP is now owned by EA, so I would say its a pretty good bet that its going to be pushed onto the PS3.

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping its the extras 360 have been getting for gta4....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samperry209)
    Im hoping its the extras 360 have been getting for gta4....
    :facepalm:

You have to think big man!! Not just about some DLC!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's deffo not gonna be a game created by Microsoft is it, so rule out Halo (and who said Fable 3? LOL).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :facepalm:

You have to think big man!! Not just about some DLC!
    Hmm true...Shame on rockstar to turn their backs on us!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.