Turn on thread page Beta

PS3 To Pick Up 360 Exclusive Title watch

ReputationRep:
    This is a hard one seeing as most 360 'exclusives' are on PC anyway. Could it just be that the news is a bit old and it's actually Dead Rising 2? If not then I guess ME2 is most likely, as has been said, at least it has a decent story, Gears was just a mindless shooter that got boring as **** after a few minutes. Couldn't give a toss anyway, as long as it's not Halo 3. Imo PS3 has enough real exclusives as it is (Uncharted, GT5, Killzone 2, MGS4 to name but a few).

Just call me fanboy! :P

ReputationRep:
    lol at 360 fanboys acting as though Sonys stealing one of their children. Personally I think its crackdown 2 as the game is supposed to be releasing at the end of this year whereas Mass effect releases next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomato_Soup1992)
    lol at 360 fanboys acting as though Sonys stealing one of their children. Personally I think its crackdown 2 as the game is supposed to be releasing at the end of this year whereas Mass effect releases next year
    it is funny isn't it to see how they are reacting to this news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samperry209)
    it is funny isn't it to see how they are reacting to this news!
    Its funny that there are no 360 fanboys in this thread, yet there are clearly PS3 ones.

edit before I get flamed:
    I may own just a 360, but I'm not a fanboy. If I could afford one, I would have a PS3 too. But 300 quid is just too much right now.
    I'm just posting what I did because the only people who can be called fanboys here are people who clearly love sony, who are complaining that a 360 game is coming to the PS3.

ReputationRep:
    Byebye, silly trolly dupe account.

(Original post by 123450)
    I don't understand why people have problems with this... "just don't give them halo!" being an example.

If it's a good game, why not allow more people the opportunity to play it?
    Simple - fanboys love their exclusives because it's one of the few things they can rub in the faces of the owners of other consoles to say "Look what we've got, and you don't, so **** you, we've obviously got the better console". Must admit that I find it funny that quite a few of them are going nuts praying it's not Gears of War or Halo but don't give a **** about the better game Mass Effect

(Original post by Tomato_Soup92)
    Personally I think its crackdown 2 as the game is supposed to be releasing at the end of this year whereas Mass effect releases next year
    I'm a bit less optimistic, based on the wording in the OP...here, I'll bold it:
    Whilst we can’t reveal any specifics right now, we can now reveal that the PlayStation 3 will play host to a popular 360 favourite. The title, which has to remain under wraps with us for the time being, will be released towards the end of the year.
    That alone suggests that it's a title that is already out on the 360, not a sequel that is in development. Let's be honest here - just because, for instance, Mass Effect did well doesn't mean Mass Effect 2 is or will be considered a "popular 360 favourite", does it? The PS3 is probably getting a port of an older 360 title, so I wouldn't get too excited at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Its funny that there are no 360 fanboys in this thread, yet there are clearly PS3 ones.
    ...are you blind? Fair enough, I deleted quite a few posts, but you can still see a number of posts where people are saying "Just don't give them Halo/Gears/[enter title of crap generic FPS that happens to be a 360 exclusive here]" and so on. Obvious 360 fanboys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    ...are you blind? Fair enough, I deleted quite a few posts, but you can still see a number of posts where people are saying "Just don't give them Halo/Gears/[enter title of crap generic FPS that happens to be a 360 exclusive here]" and so on. Obvious 360 fanboys
    Fair enough, you deleted them before I saw them then.

When I posted, the only fanboys in the thread were people saying basically saying they don't want any 360 games on the PS3 cos they are all crap.

ReputationRep:
    I would hope it's Mass Effect 1, and we get Mass Effect 2 in 2010, I don't care about timed exlusive or whatever crap, as long as it's coming to the ps3 I will pick it up and play it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    Read the halo books. They are ace. I already know what the storyline of halo:reach is!
    yeah I've read them lol.

Not sure if they will focus on master chief or not though.

ReputationRep:
    Awhh who even cares seriously. If more people get to play a great game then I'm all for it.

ReputationRep:
    weve got ps3 exclusives coming to 360 so shouldent really matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Must admit that I find it funny that quite a few of them are going nuts praying it's not Gears of War or Halo but don't give a **** about the better game Mass Effect
    Absolutely. It just illustrates that fanboys don't care about how good a title actually is; they just care about how "big" an exclusive is. Its sad when quantity and advertising trumps quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    Absolutely. It just illustrates that fanboys don't care about how good a title actually is; they just care about how "big" an exclusive is. Its sad when quantity and advertising trumps quality.
    No, its just that mass effect is actually soooo superior to all other singleplayer games right now, that i would be pretty happy if everyone could experience it

ReputationRep:
    on a side note without mass effect introducing me to RPGs I'd have never gotten into oblivion, fallout 3 and fable. its just that damn good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I would hope it's Mass Effect 1, and we get Mass Effect 2 in 2010, I don't care about timed exlusive or whatever crap, as long as it's coming to the ps3 I will pick it up and play it.

Agree'd I would love mass effect again

ReputationRep:
    Fable II I hope.

ReputationRep:
    Erm Mass Effect wasn't a 360 exclusive, it was on PC as well and (personally) it's a horrifically overrated game, decent but by no means Bioware's best

ReputationRep:
    Gears!

ReputationRep:
    This isnt really that interesting news, unless its something like Halo which Mircrosoft helped to give birth too.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Almost certainly not an exclusive - they would've pointed that out if it was. It'll be a PC/360 game which had previously spurned the PS3, and there are endless ones of those. As long as the 360 retains it too, I doubt it's particularly exciting to anyone bar those who are desperately groping in the dark for some misled PS3 glory. After all, "Game which previously ignored PS3 no longer ignoring PS3" is hardly something to shout about.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.