Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete.

I'll confess, i'm jealous of blonde women.

I'm an attractive brunette, i have a pretty face, i go to the gym often and dance so I have a nice body, i'm slim and a good height... but i still don't feel as attractive as blondes who are even half as pretty (face or body wise) as me.

Tonight i was out clubbing with friends and a guy i really like. he showed interest in me before so we've been taking it slowly... anyway, long story short, a blonde girl walks in. she's average looking, nothing special, but she has long platinum blonde hair... BOOM. Every guy there stares at her, including the guy i like.

so there you have it, you can be a gorgeous brunette and still be ignored for an average looking blonde. I feel like brunettes have to make more of an effort or try even harder to look good because blondes have it easy.

im sick of this "blonde is better" thing guys seem to have built into their minds from an early age. why does lighter hair make someone more attractive?

and before anyone says it, im not dying my hair blonde. it wouldnt suit me unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    i agree

maybe the guys are turned off by your arrogance and i'mbetterthanyou attittude rather than your hair colour? just saying...

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose a brunette any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    ...so dye your hair? Jesus, it's not rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    People evolved to have blonde hair so that they'd stand out among a sea of brown haired people.

Not true about the average blonde > pretty brunette, though. SOunds like you're just being mean about that other girl's looks, because the guy you fancied was checking her out.

ReputationRep:
    IMO blondes are not more attractive than brunettes but I'm just a cook.

ReputationRep:
    Dye you hair blonde then.

I prefer brunettes. Though you can't beat a stunning red-head :coma:

ReputationRep:
    One guy you like prefers blondes, ergo, blondes are better.

What a flawless logic.

ReputationRep:
    Where do gingers fit in to all of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.

I'll confess, i'm jealous of blonde women.

I'm an attractive brunette, i have a pretty face, i go to the gym often and dance so I have a nice body, i'm slim and a good height... but i still don't feel as attractive as blondes who are even half as pretty (face or body wise) as me.

Tonight i was out clubbing with friends and a guy i really like. he showed interest in me before so we've been taking it slowly... anyway, long story short, a blonde girl walks in. she's average looking, nothing special, but she has long platinum blonde hair... BOOM. Every guy there stares at her, including the guy i like.

so there you have it, you can be a gorgeous brunette and still be ignored for an average looking blonde. I feel like brunettes have to make more of an effort or try even harder to look good because blondes have it easy.

im sick of this "blonde is better" thing guys seem to have built into their minds from an early age. why does lighter hair make someone more attractive?

and before anyone says it, im not dying my hair blonde. it wouldnt suit me unfortunately
    Whoe are you to decide whats attractive? whats the problem if people find blonde better thsn brunette? You say you slim and of good height, maybe short fat girls feel the same about tall girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Dye you hair blonde then.

I prefer brunettes. Though you can't beat a stunning red-head :coma:
    this :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I always think blonde girls are pretty and I dont think blonde look would look great on an indian : (

ReputationRep:
    Read my profile.

Some men just think brunettes look better, I would be one of them.

ReputationRep:
    The grass is always greener on the other side. I love having brown hair personally and it sounds like you're hardly disadvantaged in the looks department.

ReputationRep:
    what a stupid girl :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Id say from the way you come across it might be a personality thing that turns the guys away...

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'm blonde and I've never noticed a difference. Some guys like brunettes. Some like blondes. Some (a lot) seem to like red heads. Everyone's different. You were unlucky this time. Next time you might get a man who prefers brunettes. You win some, you lose some. Don't get hung up on hair colour.

ReputationRep:
    Is the OP Dani-Bella?

ReputationRep:
    But what about us ugly blondes! We need something to make up for it! lol :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.