Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I prefer darker hair.

ReputationRep:
    I am blonde and find that actually a lot of guys prefer brunettes. I don't think that one gets treated any differently or any better just for being blonde. Perhaps you just view blondes as more confident, or maybe that was just that particular girl.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen my opinion of pretty and ugly in all hair colors. I've observed over my many decades of life that men who either grew up during Marilyn Monroe's popularity spike or the whole 1970s California Dreamin' phenomenon are the only ones who think blondes are superior (oh, and those brainwashed by Hitler). So basically old men like bottle blondes. I usually see lots of fake-blonde hair color on people who grew up in poorer neighborhoods or sported by trashy types, trying to live up to the stripper dreams of the high-school dropout guys that they grew up around. True blondes, like two of my best friends and my sister, are actually very wholesome people. Some women dye their hair blonde because they are ugly as a brunette. Pretty brunettes don't need to fry their hair with dye. Black hair: Unless you're an exotic ethnic woman with some melanin, you're just going to look Gothic, pale, and like you need to take some vitamins. Redheads: Please just whiten your teeth, get some sun, and don't leave your hair a tangled, Bozo-looking mess, and you'll look great. Brunettes: Stop cutting your hair short; yuck. Bottle Blondes: Get to the salon; your split ends are making me cry. Natural Blondes: You look like a haze of beige; use some sunblock.

ReputationRep:
    **** off blonde **********.go ahead and say that to me.blonde hair is bird ****.anyone who prefers blondes,I hope you go to hell.blonde hair is the color of my vomit.i don't care what you think of me.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Queenliliana)
    **** off blonde **********.go ahead and say that to me.blonde hair is bird ****.anyone who prefers blondes,I hope you go to hell.blonde hair is the color of my vomit.i don't care what you think of me.
    Well, hell doesn’t sound so bad does it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.

I'll confess, i'm jealous of blonde women.

I'm an attractive brunette, i have a pretty face, i go to the gym often and dance so I have a nice body, i'm slim and a good height... but i still don't feel as attractive as blondes who are even half as pretty (face or body wise) as me.

Tonight i was out clubbing with friends and a guy i really like. he showed interest in me before so we've been taking it slowly... anyway, long story short, a blonde girl walks in. she's average looking, nothing special, but she has long platinum blonde hair... BOOM. Every guy there stares at her, including the guy i like.

so there you have it, you can be a gorgeous brunette and still be ignored for an average looking blonde. I feel like brunettes have to make more of an effort or try even harder to look good because blondes have it easy.

im sick of this "blonde is better" thing guys seem to have built into their minds from an early age. why does lighter hair make someone more attractive?

and before anyone says it, im not dying my hair blonde. it wouldnt suit me unfortunately
    Have you ever considered that your personality might be the issue? You exude arrogance and bitterness.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username196545)
    ...so dye your hair? Jesus, it's not rocket science.
    Before I'd even clicked on the post, this was exactly what I thought lol

ReputationRep:
    Interesting because I've been a light eyed blonde my entire life and when I was younger I often felt pale and bland and not as sexy or sultry as girls with gorgeous, rich dark hair and smouldering dark eyes. Everyone has different tastes, some people find blonde more attractive, some prefer redheads, some prefer dark! You aren't less attractive or more attractive just because of hair colour

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel attractive then you're probably not giving off the same energy as these girls you consider "average". If they feel good about themselves they're going to appear more confident and approachable.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.