Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been hearing about these for a while, and I've seen the covers of some at the ibo website, they look quite handy. But I don't know anyone at my school who has them or who knows how to access them. Do you buy them from the internet or smthng of the like?
    Thnx in advance.

ReputationRep:
    idk

ReputationRep:
    And that means?:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Are you referring to the Oxford University Press Course Companions?

(Original post by Nic23)
    And that means?:woo:

ReputationRep:
    amazon ...

ReputationRep:
    So basically the only way to get them is through the net? Are they expensive though?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you can find them at a local store/buy them second-hand off of someone in your school, yes. From the looks of it, they're about 20 GBP or 40 USD.

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about the OSC revision guides? if so, then order from http://www.osc-ib.com/ib-revision-guides/

I think they're quite good!

ReputationRep:
    order off amazon. i always do that

ReputationRep:
    Very cool link keepoffthelawn. Can you get them from OSC in Australia though?? I'm not sure, it would certainly cost more in any case. If that's not available I guess Amazon is the way to go. Thnx heaps guys. Keep studying hard and don't die of caffeine overdose...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Nic23: If you want to calculate how much the shipping costs will be for Australia go here and just choose the guides you want and choose Australia from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page and it'll do a calculation. Keep in mind though that those are just revision guides and they're best for revising before finals. They don't contain all the info you need to know about the subjects so you will need to read proper text books as well! I think the maths one (SL) and economics (HL) were quite good

ReputationRep:
    don't, don't, don't
    buy those awful course companions from oxford.
    absolutely horrendous, boring and stray from the syllabus.
    and you feel like some moronic robot whilst reading them

haha, try IBID books or the OSC ones.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I am the only one, but I think that the best study guide is the official syllabus for subjects like maths/sciences, and past papers for writing subjects like humanities (particularly economics - I guess for SL, knowing (well though) maybe a third of the sylabus should be fine for a 6-7 (once you do the commentaries)).

Anyway, I guess you won't have much use for those guides during the 2 ib years, and for night(week, month)-before cramming, previous will be much more effective.

...but that's based on my experience

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.