Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes, their stuff can half inspire us at times, but my god aren't they tossers. Every time I read interviews with them I'm convinced of that.

Views?

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a huge generalisation, so no I don't agree.

ReputationRep:
    I hear they have a special one in each of their entourage for all their tossing needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Yes, their stuff can half inspire us at times, but my god aren't they tossers. Every time I read interviews with them I'm convinced of that.

Views?
    no more than the rest of the populace of the world in proportion to their professions are 'tossers'.

ReputationRep:
    i've got lots of friends who are musicians, i wouldn't say they're all tossers. It's only arrogant people really who get up they're own arse because they get over 10,000 views on myspace, or all their friends come to one of their gigs making them think they're on the up and up, or they get their name listed in some tiny section of the NME listings.

Though to be fair I think it's hard to be involved in the music industry and not be a tosser in one way or another.

ReputationRep:
    Not all musicians are tossers, alright so there might even be one or two in my band but were not all tossers

ReputationRep:
    i'd say the vast majority of singers (who don't play another instrument at the same time) are tossers.

ReputationRep:
    Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert are all really really nice guys. They're all (very famous) guitarists because I doubt anyone here has heard of them

Everyone's a tosser :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard about Alex Turner from other musicians in Sheffield who know him, he is apparently a tosser.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of musicians are cocky, arrogant people who think they're god's gift to mankind.
    Even the greats like John Lennon Bob Dylan could come across as right tossers in some interviews. It's the same with most celebs really.

ReputationRep:
    No, I've seen some really good interviews with musicians.

ReputationRep:
    Some are, some aren't

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.