Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For anyone whose either got a place... or attempted to get one....

Do you max out the length of the application? The max character limit is 4000.... but did you just fill out maybe half or two thirds of the limit?

ReputationRep:
    My first few attempts that were unssuccessful, we're short sentences that I could have put together in 15 mins. After that I applied more seriously, and although I didn't intend for it to get lengthy it naturally did. I was successful with this attempt. However, they have so many to read, if your writing style is dull, they will not read on. So keep it shorter if it lacks that finesse.

Also, it has to be PERFECT grammar and spelling - otherwise it will not be progressed.

Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I made my first attempt this year and submitted the application last week. Not all of my answers were of maximum amount of characters allowed, but I felt like I have said everything I could. Therefore I stopped where I felt I needed to, as I really did not want to spoil it with unnecessary rant.

By the way, does anyone have an idea as to when we will be hearing of the outcome?

ReputationRep:
    when is the deadline? and when is the period of work exp for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit Up!)
    when is the deadline? and when is the period of work exp for?
    https://jobs.bbc.co.uk/fe/tpl_bbc03.asp?newms=info6

All of the information is here. It takes just a quick Google search to find out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    https://jobs.bbc.co.uk/fe/tpl_bbc03.asp?newms=info6

All of the information is here. It takes just a quick Google search to find out :p:
    That doesn't answer the question at all. It just takes you to the work experience homepage. A google search couldn't answer that question could it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inkblot)
    That doesn't answer the question at all. It just takes you to the work experience homepage. A google search couldn't answer that question could it?
    If you press on that link, you can do a search for various work experience opportunities at the BBC. Each of them has their own application deadline and a period on which the placement will be held.
    Simple.

ReputationRep:
    can you apply for two different bbc work experience placements or is best just to stick with one?

the ones I am looking at are both in the same city and place if that helps at all

ReputationRep:
    good luck to who ever applied for it. i always wanted to apply for it, but just too lazy, cant be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnsey91)
    can you apply for two different bbc work experience placements or is best just to stick with one?

the ones I am looking at are both in the same city and place if that helps at all
    I applied for 4 in July 2009 and got a call for 2.

So yeah, apply for everything you want. The only rule is once you have completed a work experience, you can't apply again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnsey91)

Yeah, I applied for 8 (7 for the same month) and have so far been rejected from 4 but keeping my fingers crossed for the others!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.