Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I love google maps. Fiddlin on it and looking for good cities.
    Anyway, IMVHO I can so far conclude that Spain looks best, Barcelona Oviedo etc. San Francisco looks Sweet too.
    Paris and Lyon OK, London looks ****.

Anyway, what country you reckon is best for cities in da world?

Should I see Barca? (never been)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Da States, dawg.

ReputationRep:
    London, blud.

Da UK innit.

ReputationRep:
    Burma, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Id have to say Italy!
    They have Venice, Florence and Rome, all beautiful cities with great architecture and culture.
    =D

ReputationRep:
    Italy.

ReputationRep:
    London is a dump. Seriosuly check it on gmaps compared to others. Spain is da bomb.
    Hell even the like sof Oviedo is wicked.

ReputationRep:
    IRAQ definitely

ReputationRep:
    You're a dump. Don't diss the hood.

ReputationRep:
    All countries have their rough parts.

Napoli looks more like Stevenage

And comparing London to Oviedo is stupid. Comparing Oviedo to Cambridge or another smaller beautiful city would be far fairer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dozzer_Cufc)
    All countries have their rough parts.

Napoli looks more like Stevenage

And comparing London to Oviedo is stupid. Comparing Oviedo to Cambridge or another smaller beautiful city would be far fairer.
    To be fair you did pick the most infamous housing project in the whole of Italy.

ReputationRep:
    Ireland ,especially Cork Waterford & Galway !

ReputationRep:
    Bearlandia :p:

ReputationRep:
    Italy is beautiful (Rome, Verona, Florence, Venice and Milan)
    and Spain has some great cities too (Seville is lovely, would recommend it )

Berlin is great if you want loads of history, its a really interesting city.

ReputationRep:
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...50.81,,0,-6.34

Check Oviedo. Pretty sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    To be fair you did pick the most infamous housing project in the whole of Italy.
    True, but that could compare directly to dropping the google maps man in Beacontree or Blackbird Leys.

You can look around those places but the fact is that people tend to get misty eyed about foreign places comparing them to places here which aren't quite the same. Sure, I'd say Italy and Spain have more beautiful cities than England, but if you're only using the google maps as a guide it's not that great - You can't look around Valladolid, Bilbao, Gijon or Huelva but you can look at Bradford or Liverpool.

*shrug* I'm sure I had a point :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spain, in my opinion.

It has Barcelona (the best city in Europe, imo), Salamanca, Granada, Seville, Cordoba, Cartagena, Madrid, Bilbao, San Sebastian...all of these are awesome cities worth visiting.

Jim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    Ireland ,especially Cork Waterford & Galway !
    BIASED!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.