Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was told that the most destructive influence on Chinese culture is atheism. according to that Many of Chinese are atheists right? Well, check out the peace of atheism!!.
    Uighur exile groups said that up to 800 people have died in the violence, many of them Uighurs shot or beaten to death by police.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w..._xinjiang.html

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...qi-unrest.html

China 'crushing Muslim Uighurs' .
    China has been accused by two US-based human rights groups of conducting a "crushing campaign of religious repression" against Muslim Uighurs.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4435135.stm

China bans Uighurs from praying at mosques.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/news_detail.php?id=44604

ReputationRep:
    I know Atheists who are rather humble and peaceful too. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Those damn atheists and their scriptures telling them to be viole-

Waiiiit

ReputationRep:
    ... I am confused by the point of this. Are you saying atheism=evil? Or China=evil? Or is there no point at all?

ReputationRep:
    Your point being "all atheists are evil and support violence"? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for somebody to start bringing the hundreds of religious based conflicts into play.

ReputationRep:
    800 compared to the tens/hundreds of millions throughout history? :rolleyes:

Umm, the oppression of the Uyghurs has got nothing to do with atheism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    The OP will find a way im sure. He'll also say the crusades had nothing to do with relgion.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, just like the Tienanmen square massacre was blatantly because of atheism and nothing to do with an oppressive government and student protest.

you'll be saying something ridiculous like religion caused the crusades next!

ReputationRep:
    The problem with Atheism is that it has no rules to govern it. There is no scripture that can be abused for violence, yes, but at the same time there are NO rules that prohibit killing the innocent either, for example. It's a complete anarchy.

I have enough sources to objectively refute and condemn Al-Qaeda based on Islamic sources and prove the way they distorted it's texts. I can objectively tell him they have wronged. Yet, how can you objectively say to an atheist that what he is doing is immoral? You cannot.

The religious suppression is to the extreme that they even forbade Chinese Muslims from fasting this Ramadan: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/21899

I wanna know if anyone over here supports what they are doing. There was a radical atheist in TSR who supported forcing women to remove their hijab, and he knows himself. So I also see the possibility of someone supporting this, sadly. Does anyone here support forcing people not to fast in Ramadan?

(Original post by MazalTov89)
    But the whole argument Atheists keep making that violence nowadays only comes from religion belongs to the gutter. It belongs to the gutter both historically (Fascists and Social Darwinists, for example) and today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ABR~)
    The problem with Atheism is that it has no rules to govern it. There is no scripture that can be abused for violence, yes, but at the same time there are NO rules that prohibit killing the innocent either, for example. It's a complete anarchy.
    "Atheism" is not a complete way of life. It just refers to a very specific part of a person's world view. Where as a religion like Islam defines pretty much the entire way of life for muslims, atheism only says that belief in god isn't part of it. You can have a sense of morality without believing it comes from god.

(Original post by ~ABR~)
    But the whole argument Atheists keep making that violence nowadays only comes from religion belongs to the gutter. It belongs to the gutter both historically (Fascists and Social Darwinists, for example) and today.
    Yeah I think it's nonsense too. In the past pretty much everyone was religious. Because it was such a big part of their lives, all their conflicts became to do with it. It's not a fundamentally religious thing, it's just a human nature thing. The two world wars had bugger all to do with religion when you look at the big picture. And of course not all atheists and atheistic ideologies are peaceful, as can be seen here.

ReputationRep:
    And yet, most atheists are peaceful, rational, humanistic individuals who wish no harm on their fellow man or woman. I am one such atheist. There are extremists within any ideology.

The thing is, atheists can't be tarred with the same brush, because we do not all follow the same dogma. There is no binding religious scripture commanding us to kill in certain circumstances.

At any rate, what you see in China is not atheism, it is simply murder. The regime discourages religious belief because it defies the China that they want to create, and consequently they are brutal with their citizens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ABR~)
    I have enough sources to objectively refute and condemn Al-Qaeda based on Islamic sources and prove the way they distorted it's texts. I can objectively tell him they have wronged. Yet, how can you objectively say to an atheist that what he is doing is immoral? You cannot.
    I vehemently resent and reject the implication that atheists do not know moral actions from immoral actions. Morality has never been the preserve of religion.

ReputationRep:
    People are violent; religious or not. For goodness sake, this is so immature, this pathetic 'who's more violent than who' debate that goes on and on and on between theists and atheists. There's violence in both camps, and I could cite examples of both, but what's the point? The point is: we've each got to be responsible for ourselves and our own decisions, and there are non-violent atheists AND non-violent theists out there to prove that we can make up our own minds and be peaceful. Give it a bloody REST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ABR~)

So do you think that without Islam you wouldn't or couldn't be a good person?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but if you think atheists are fine with going around killing people because they aren't given/don't believe in a couple commandments which dictate their morality - you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Yeah I think it's nonsense too. In the past pretty much everyone was religious. Because it was such a big part of their lives, all their conflicts became to do with it. It's not a fundamentally religious thing, it's just a human nature thing. The two world wars had bugger all to do with religion when you look at the big picture. And of course not all atheists and atheistic ideologies are peaceful, as can be seen here.
    I've been thinking this too lately. A connection to religion doesn't mean religion was the core reason, look at these two, you have George W Bush who mentions God from time to time and Tony Blair who is supposedly religious.The whole idea that religion has caused all the wars and all the conflict and everyone has died for religion, stuff needs reevaluating.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Atheism sucks tbh, their all violent!

I mean in 2001 did you see when they flew that plane into the world trade centre "for the glory of the progress of science!", monsters the lot of them...oops, wrong people, nvm, still all Atheists are immoral *******s!

All this shows is cruel governments(who act like dictatorships) are cruel. A bit like that Saddam Hussein guy, I heard he killed a few people, I also heard he might have been one those Muslims, I guess all Muslims get off on genocide right? I mean they all want to wipe out the Jews right?

Yay for generalisation thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    So do you think that without Islam you wouldn't or couldn't be a good person?
    Personally, yes.
    Without islam, I'd not care to mistreat who is harming me wheather he is Muslim or not.
    But Islam encourge me to forgive the unbeliever if they harm me.
    me, therefore I follow-step my shining example I mean my prophets like Ibrahiam who set an example of dutful person to his parents I mean His non-Muslim (Believer)father.

Or My last prophet Mohammad who forgive to kuffar people who totrued him when the upper hand was with the Prophet.

Allaah says concerning this (interpretation of the meaning):

“And by the Mercy of Allaah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh‑hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allaah’s) forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allaah, certainly, Allaah loves those who put their trust (in Him)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:159]
    etc.. etc..

Without Islam, I wouldn't care about the feeling of people rather i'd be rude and bully.
    But because islam makes insulting people, laughing at them or looking them down a henious sin, i fear god to indulge in such a sin for sake of him in order to please me.
    I'll give you an example, When a man insulted his brother (in Islam) for having a black mother, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “You are a man who still has jaahiliyyah (ignorance) in him.” Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “There was an argument between me and one of my brothers whose mother was non-Arab. I insulted him about his mother, and he complained about me to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). I met the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he said, “O Abu Dharr, you are a man who still has jaahiliyyah (ignorance) in him.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim; this version narrated by Muslim, 3139).

Without Islam, I might steal (If i found a chance to do)because no body cares nor suited me.
    But, because Islam taugh us that Blood-money and expiation must be paid if one unintentionally kills a "disbeliever" (Accident by car for instance )who is protected by sharee’ah, i scared to just attempt to commit such a crime.

Btw, If a Muslim deliberately murdered non-muslim The Prophet said, "Whoever killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the smell of Paradise though its smell is perceived from a distance of forty years."

Also,Since the upper hand was with the Muslims, the Prophet strictly warned against any maltreatment of people of other faiths. He said:

“Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawud)

That's why I need islam to abstian me from commiting any corruptian.
    I more intoxcated for helping you to understand the reason.
    Tc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.