Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else have music exams round this time? watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have TWO today and I'm ******** myself. I can't do the aural to save my life...

ReputationRep:
    Got my Alto Sax Grade 6 on Monday.

The pieces and scales are ok, just hopefully I don't screw up the sightreading and aural too much and become the first ever student to fail my teacher.

Good luck, with the aural I just make educated guesses and hope to pick up marks on the other bits. Can't sing for ****
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by OG J0E)
    Got my Alto Sax Grade 6 on Monday.

The pieces and scales are ok, just hopefully I don't screw up the sightreading and aural too much and become the first ever student to fail my teacher.

Good luck, with the aural I just make educated guesses and hope to pick up marks on the other bits. Can't sing for ****
    Ha yes- I'm scared to be the only student to fail my teacher. They teach the best of the best, and every time I turn up for a lesson I feel like SUCH failure.

sight-reading is a *****!

good luck any way!

ReputationRep:
    I got my grade two flute in year 9 and then gave up :awesome:
    My dad's a musician, he was very dissapointed.

ReputationRep:
    I did my exam on the flute this time last year
    I barely scraped a pass - I used the excuse that I'd only finished my GCSEs a few weeks before and cba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    Ha yes- I'm scared to be the only student to fail my teacher. They teach the best of the best, and every time I turn up for a lesson I feel like SUCH failure.

sight-reading is a *****!

good luck any way!
    Haha, we'll see.

How did your two go by the way?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by OG J0E)
    Haha, we'll see.

How did your two go by the way?
    Singing well.
    Piano not. Despite actually doing singing, I can't sing back a tune...
    And My hands started shaking for the last piece, as well as forgetting an octave for every single scale...
    YAY!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.