Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a normal Lloyds TSB account, how do i change it to a students account? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically i think im going into a over draft soon, i will get paid at the end of the month, but my expenses will lead me to an OD. My student loan comes into this current account called a 'Classic Account', and im not sure but i think has OD charges, but a student account obviously does not. How do I go about converting this account to a student one?

Cheers +RE{!

ReputationRep:
    Either, uh, go into a branch, or phone them up.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was changed automatically I think UCAS informed them for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    I went into the bank, asked them and then showed them my ucas letter. (as proof I have been accepted for uni)

ReputationRep:
    go into your local branch and ask them to change it for you, I dont think you can have a student account till you have got your results as to whether you are going to university for definate, however, you could probably change to a prestudent account, (you will need proof of a place at university, eg ucas letter) interest free overdraft, but i thinkits only up to £200 until its a proper student accoiunt

ReputationRep:
    I’m with Lloyds at the moment, they randomly sent me a letter with a leaflet for their student account and with some paperwork encase I wanted to sign up. However, their student account seems a bit lacklustre, probably won’t be going with them for my student account.

ReputationRep:
    Call em up, ur already at uni so they'd probably want to see statement of student status or something

ReputationRep:
    hey im with lloydes tsb mine just changed on its own about a month before i started university. They were 'informed by ucas' but im sure if u want to change it before then you can just go into your branch with a ucas letter, and if you want an overdraft you need your finance entitlement letter im sure i got 20pound when it swiched to, but got nothing eles even though they promase you 101 things lol !!
    gd luck xx

ReputationRep:
    well, I'm with Lloyd as well and mine is a normal "Classic account" i don't see any advantages in switching to a student account. Does it make any difference apart from the overdrafts?

ReputationRep:
    i supose not, apart from the over draft and credit cards you can get although dont recomend credit cards dont have 1 myself, there is a few free things you can get like free downloads ect but i didnt get them. If your happy with the account you have then stick with it, you can change your account anytime you want if you chnage your mind.

ReputationRep:
    I got sent a letter from my bank (HSBC) a few months before I would have gone to uni asking me if I was and my account automatically switched to a Pre-Student account, I went into branch and explained I wanted to keep my account the same and they said okay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.