Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone hero worked for Starbucks before and how I can apply to work for them. I seen there site and they don't have a online application process.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Job Application form, but there is a link to apply online, wait two minutes and I'll attain it for you!

ReputationRep:
    Baristas and Shift Supervisors

As a barista or shift supervisor you will enjoy a job in a fast paced environment that comes with serious benefits including a very competitive hourly rate, 25 days holiday for full time partners, training and career opportunities, flexible working hours, stock options and a free bag of coffee every week! You can apply in 2 ways, either print off the relevant application form below:

UK Application Form or Northern Ireland Application Form

then simply complete and post or hand it in to your local store (Store Locator) . Alternatively you can visit your local store where the store manager will be able to give you more information about vacancies at their store or the local area and give you an application form to fill out over a cup of coffee.

ReputationRep:
    No online application system sadly, please use the application forms on this site:

http://starbucks.co.uk/en-GB/_About+...+Starbucks.htm

ReputationRep:
    I just sent a CV to my local store, who didn't have any jobs going, so they passed it onto the store at the other end of the designer outlet, who interviewed me and offered me a job! However, i rejected them bcos one of their conditions was that I had to work at least one weekday or both days at the weekend, every weekend, and I wouldn't have been able to book a day off for a month....erm, I'm in 6th form, getting into uni is more important than a job right now, so bye bye Starbucks! It was only a 3 month temp job too, plus the pay's minimum wage (or thats what I was told by my interviewer anyway) and its really high pressure, you've got to learn all these recipes for making drinks...that's right, recipes, and if you fook up, well... I'm up for that sort of thing, but that store has got to be one of the busiest I've ever been into, plus it's hard for me to get to, so it didn't really appeal to me!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a job there about a year ago when i was looking for my first job- got an application from one of the many stores in town, filled it in, handed it back in and never heard from them again... hopefully better luck this time, as im going job hunting again tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumcvet)
    I just sent a CV to my local store, who didn't have any jobs going, so they passed it onto the store at the other end of the designer outlet, who interviewed me and offered me a job! However, i rejected them bcos one of their conditions was that I had to work at least one weekday or both days at the weekend, every weekend, and I wouldn't have been able to book a day off for a month....erm, I'm in 6th form, getting into uni is more important than a job right now, so bye bye Starbucks! It was only a 3 month temp job too, plus the pay's minimum wage (or thats what I was told by my interviewer anyway) and its really high pressure, you've got to learn all these recipes for making drinks...that's right, recipes, and if you fook up, well... I'm up for that sort of thing, but that store has got to be one of the busiest I've ever been into, plus it's hard for me to get to, so it didn't really appeal to me!
    My 16 year old mate is on over £6/h! I'd like a job there but all the people who work in the one near me look really dull.

ReputationRep:
    HE'S WHAT?! Lucky get.... Yeah, I didn't really like the look of my possible future "colleagues" in the store I applied to, they didn't look the chatty and smiley type... =/

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the wrong job... I work in Sainsbury's and our store restaraunt is a Starbucks!! They have posters in the window... they're after part time workers and a new manager. I can even see the damn place from my checkout every shift!! :rolleyes: :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I'm in the wrong job... I work in Sainsbury's and our store restaraunt is a Starbucks!! They have posters in the window... they're after part time workers and a new manager. I can even see the damn place from my checkout every shift!! :rolleyes: :o:
    What are you waiting for then!!! Go and apply :-P !

ReputationRep:
    I bet the posts have probably been filled by now! How funny would it be to get a new job... only for Sainsbury's to find out I was right there still haha!

Colleagues of Sainsbury's (myself included!) use the Starbucks all the time, it wouldn't go unnoticed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I bet the posts have probably been filled by now! How funny would it be to get a new job... only for Sainsbury's to find out I was right there still haha!

Colleagues of Sainsbury's (myself included!) use the Starbucks all the time, it wouldn't go unnoticed.
    Haha still worth a shot though :-P

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the pay is like at Starbucks? I've just joined Sports Direct, and realised how crap it is, and I kinda turned down (yes, I, ME, turned down) Starbucks in March....I kinda want to reapply lol, Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_1234)
    My 16 year old mate is on over £6/h! I'd like a job there but all the people who work in the one near me look really dull.
    actually, he'd have started on around £5.25p/h dependent on where he works. after three months, it goes up. i'm currently on £6.25p/h, having started on £5.10p/h in february 2006.

calumcvet - of course you need to learn the drink recipes, it's not that shocking, honest. it's guaranteed you may mess up, but it's not the end of it all. you won't get the sack for it. it's all part of the learning curve. it can be high pressure, but i all depends totally on where the store is and how busy it gets. my store gets very busy at times, but there's also quiet points during the day - if you do end up getting a job there then those quiet points are the best time to ask questions to your colleagues and to get them to show you how to make something or how to mark it correctly. honestly though, once you get the hang of it, it'll be something you can do in your sleep. as for your colleagues, they may not look happy and smiley when you're in front of the counter, but get behind it and that may be very different indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumcvet)
    Does anyone know what the pay is like at Starbucks?
    see the top of my last post it'll also be different depending on what zone you work in (there's 3) and also if you're working in london then i think that's different too. it goes up after 3 months and then again every october too.

ReputationRep:
    really?! oh fook, why the hell did I not accept the job... erm... does anyone know what the smallest amount of hours you can work a week is? main reason I turned starbucks down first time was bcos they were asking me to do 16 hours a week, which I kinda can't do with college...and I do need to have a break at the weekend, agreed? money isn't everything etc etc

ReputationRep:
    8 hours per week is the least amount you can do. but, if they need someone who can work 16 hours then that's what they'll ask for. doesn't have to be only at the weekend though, you can work after college, depending on the store's opening hours. e.g, at my store we have people doing 4-9 shifts, so that they can finish college/uni, come to work and still have time off at the weekend. all depends entirely on the manager though really.

ReputationRep:
    good point, 8 hours I can do no problem...problem is, I only know for definate that I'll be able to work one evening shift a week (which the store manager at my interview said I could do, in addition to a day at the weekend) bcos I don't know my timetable yet for lessons and stuff. Oh how bad I feel now for turning them down... OK, I've not been feeling great for the past month ie may be depressed, hopefully not, but someone please give me a wake up call and call me a *******?

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks do have a knack of not getting back to you on applications. I think it should be a compulsary process to find out if you've been accepted, declined or the application is on hold etc..

I have always liked the idea of working at a starbucks myself.

ReputationRep:
    YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS PASSED MY DRIVING TEST TODAY!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! =D
    Sorry lol, second time lucky What this means for me though is that I can now get to my local Starbucks a lot more easily!!!!! Must ring them tomorrow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.