Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4l 5-door in Panther Black

Picked it up this morning - it is a massive upgrade from my previous car. (1.2l 1999 Vauxhall Corsa SXi :P)

Now before people inevitably start saying 'how did you afford a £14k car' etc, I bought my old Corsa a couple of years ago for £1700. Sold it last week for £950, and this money was put forward to help my parents pay for this new car. In return, as obviously I don't have a car now, I alone get to use the car until I start Uni (Not taking a car with me), and if I come back home during breaks. Other times it will be used by mum to drive to work. She won't need it regularly in the breaks since she works at a uni herself.

Specs:

This is the Zetec 1.4 model - basically it has all the luxuries that the cheap models don't have, but doesn't have some of the unnecessary bits that the higher models do (cruise control, electric wing-mirrors, tinted windows, perimeter alarm, 'sport' body kit)

Pics:

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but whats the point to this forum...

Congrats however on purchasing what looks like something from Mars...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

But what you want a medal?

ReputationRep:
    a classy automobile there sir. wish i has that car, it does look rather swish....

ReputationRep:
    k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123450)
    2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4l 5-door in Panther Black

Picked it up this morning - it is a massive upgrade from my previous car. (1.2l 1999 Vauxhall Corsa SXi :P)

Now before people inevitably start saying 'how did you afford a £14k car' etc, I bought my old Corsa a couple of years ago for £1700. Sold it last week for £950, and this money was put forward to help my parents pay for this new car. In return, as obviously I don't have a car now, I alone get to use the car until I start Uni (Not taking a car with me), and if I come back home during breaks. Other times it will be used by mum to drive to work. She won't need it regularly in the breaks since she works at a uni herself.

Specs:

This is the Zetec 1.4 model - basically it has all the luxuries that the cheap models don't have, but doesn't have some of the unnecessary bits that the higher models do (cruise control, electric wing-mirrors, tinted windows, perimeter alarm, 'sport' body kit)

Pics:

CHAV!!!!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    awesome....mui's jealous...

ReputationRep:
    Very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamWalsh)
    CHAV!!!!:yes:
    I think he was saying that he doesn't have some of the "unnecessary bits" vis-a-vis the body kit.

ReputationRep:
    Cool...looks nice...

ReputationRep:
    very nice! however I don't see the point of this thead unless your bragging???

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone being harsh. I'm sure OP is just happy buying a new car and nothing wrong in that.

OP why didn't you hand in your old car as part of the scrappage scheme for a new car? Wouldnt you have got a better deal?

I do like the fogs on the car and the front is pretty nice.

ReputationRep:
    jammy git...

ReputationRep:
    it'll depreciate like a lead balloon, but looks nice

ReputationRep:
    I think they look pretty sexy tbh. I kinda like the spaceship style interior as well.

Though I wouldn't be prepared to spend more than half of what you did on one

Great first car anyway, you'll have fun with it.

Edit: it's not a first car. oh...

ReputationRep:
    there should be awards for people with more money than sense

nice car op, enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you sell your corsa for £1k when you could have had 2k off with the scrappage scheme?*

(provided your car was pre september 1999 and not after it)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...icle/DG_177693 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I was in a Ford Dealership recently, and sat in one of these.
    For a "small city car" they are actually pretty massive.

All cars look good in black.
    Have fun with it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 12, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.