Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4l 5-door in Panther Black

Picked it up this morning - it is a massive upgrade from my previous car. (1.2l 1999 Vauxhall Corsa SXi :P)

Now before people inevitably start saying 'how did you afford a £14k car' etc, I bought my old Corsa a couple of years ago for £1700. Sold it last week for £950, and this money was put forward to help my parents pay for this new car. In return, as obviously I don't have a car now, I alone get to use the car until I start Uni (Not taking a car with me), and if I come back home during breaks. Other times it will be used by mum to drive to work. She won't need it regularly in the breaks since she works at a uni herself.

Specs:

This is the Zetec 1.4 model - basically it has all the luxuries that the cheap models don't have, but doesn't have some of the unnecessary bits that the higher models do (cruise control, electric wing-mirrors, tinted windows, perimeter alarm, 'sport' body kit)

Pics:

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but whats the point to this forum...

Congrats however on purchasing what looks like something from Mars...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

But what you want a medal?

ReputationRep:
    a classy automobile there sir. wish i has that car, it does look rather swish....

ReputationRep:
    k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123450)
    2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4l 5-door in Panther Black

Picked it up this morning - it is a massive upgrade from my previous car. (1.2l 1999 Vauxhall Corsa SXi :P)

Now before people inevitably start saying 'how did you afford a £14k car' etc, I bought my old Corsa a couple of years ago for £1700. Sold it last week for £950, and this money was put forward to help my parents pay for this new car. In return, as obviously I don't have a car now, I alone get to use the car until I start Uni (Not taking a car with me), and if I come back home during breaks. Other times it will be used by mum to drive to work. She won't need it regularly in the breaks since she works at a uni herself.

Specs:

This is the Zetec 1.4 model - basically it has all the luxuries that the cheap models don't have, but doesn't have some of the unnecessary bits that the higher models do (cruise control, electric wing-mirrors, tinted windows, perimeter alarm, 'sport' body kit)

Pics:

CHAV!!!!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    awesome....mui's jealous...

ReputationRep:
    Very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamWalsh)
    CHAV!!!!:yes:
    I think he was saying that he doesn't have some of the "unnecessary bits" vis-a-vis the body kit.

ReputationRep:
    Cool...looks nice...

ReputationRep:
    very nice! however I don't see the point of this thead unless your bragging???

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone being harsh. I'm sure OP is just happy buying a new car and nothing wrong in that.

OP why didn't you hand in your old car as part of the scrappage scheme for a new car? Wouldnt you have got a better deal?

I do like the fogs on the car and the front is pretty nice.

ReputationRep:
    jammy git...

ReputationRep:
    it'll depreciate like a lead balloon, but looks nice

ReputationRep:
    I think they look pretty sexy tbh. I kinda like the spaceship style interior as well.

Though I wouldn't be prepared to spend more than half of what you did on one

Great first car anyway, you'll have fun with it.

Edit: it's not a first car. oh...

ReputationRep:
    there should be awards for people with more money than sense

nice car op, enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you sell your corsa for £1k when you could have had 2k off with the scrappage scheme?*

(provided your car was pre september 1999 and not after it)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...icle/DG_177693 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I was in a Ford Dealership recently, and sat in one of these.
    For a "small city car" they are actually pretty massive.

All cars look good in black.
    Have fun with it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.