Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    I'm loving the jealousy going on in this thread
    The jealousy is cringeworthy.

I am sure the Fiesta is a superb car. I hope you are very happy together.

ReputationRep:
    Looks sweet in black.... ive got it in apple green (squeeze)

i love it, but i have had no other long term experience of another car as it is my first.

Have fun =] i have been

there is some jealousy running through this thread though..... but i have only have the money for reasons most of you would not have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeOxLong)
    Looks sweet in black.... ive got it in apple green (squeeze)

i love it, Have fun =] i have been
    Is that the green from top Gear? i liked that colour though i'd say it's verging on lime

Looks pretty ugly if im honest - but congrats on purchase and have fun driving it

ReputationRep:
    That's really rather pretty in black.
    Also seems pretty expensive...

sorry to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    Is that the green from top Gear? i liked that colour though i'd say it's verging on lime
    yeh it is... its like an apple/lime fluorescent-ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeOxLong)
    yeh it is... its like an apple/lime fluorescent-ish
    Just known as 'squeeze' to Ford

And to everyone who's said: Yes, I know it was expensive, but as I explained, it's not my car. No, daddy didn't buy it for me. My mum's old focus (11 years old) was put in for the scrappage scheme, as it was only worth around £300-£400. The cash from the sale of my old corsa went towards it. So basically we saved £3000 from the list price, plus an extra few hundred for 'free' extras.

Plus we bought just before Ford raised their prices, as they do each year, so saved around £500 extra because of that.

Some people sound as though they think it should be an offense to buy a new car... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah: And I lurrrve the shape :P Although I know it might be a bit marmitey... some people love it, some hate it.

ReputationRep:
    This car is coming to the United States. Every time Ford or GM has tried to import a car from europe, it has bombed in the US marketplace. Lets hope this time things will be different for this european-engineered Ford. No one bought the astra or mondeo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    This car is coming to the United States. Every time Ford or GM has tried to import a car from europe, it has bombed in the US marketplace. Lets hope this time things will be different for this european-engineered Ford. No one bought the astra or mondeo...
    Although I guess if petrol prices are going to continue to rise, then in the long run people might be looking for alternatives.

What Ford are doing with the 'Ford Fiesta Movement' into the US is pretty clever, I think. (Basically they gave 1000 Fiesta to US customers so that they could try them and blog/viral advertise about the car).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tis nice, didn't like the previous model Fiesta but like the older ones and these new ones. The interior I don't mind but would look a lot better in blacks/greys that the silver which ruins it IMO. My Astra is all drak grey on the interior and my Dad has the same (but newer) Astra with lighter bits and it just doesn't looks as good. The alloys on the new Fiesta I am also not a massive fan of.

ReputationRep:
    It's very nice

ReputationRep:
    good choice sir,

enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    That really is quite sexy. The colours pretty nice aswell :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think the new Fiat Punto is a nicer car. Plus it's like half the price of yours, OP.

ReputationRep:
    very sexy i must say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golder)
    I think the new Fiat Punto is a nicer car. Plus it's like half the price of yours, OP.
    Just created a similarly-spec'd 5 door Punto on the Fiat website, and it came out at £13k... I didn't pay £26k :P

Plus my family has always had good experiences with Ford, but only bad ones from Fiat.

ReputationRep:
    For 14k, i would never of got a New Fiesta 1.4l, there are so many cars out there which would justify a price tag like that. Plus, 1.4? Cmon no need to be green and slow now!

ReputationRep:
    I'ts ok nothing special, maybe a bit girly as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123450)
    Although I guess if petrol prices are going to continue to rise, then in the long run people might be looking for alternatives.

What Ford are doing with the 'Ford Fiesta Movement' into the US is pretty clever, I think. (Basically they gave 1000 Fiesta to US customers so that they could try them and blog/viral advertise about the car).
    There are so many examples of European Ford and GM cars failing in the US. The European Ford Sierra XR4i was imported and it was a complete sales disaster. Ford tried importing the Ford Mondeo and calling it the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique and that was a disaster. GM hoped to sell the Astras here and sold only about half the number they thought they would.

Maybe the Fiesta will do well if fuel prices go up and the car is priced right. These imported cars have traditionally been overpriced, underpowered, and too small compared to similar vehicles on the market. We'll see how things go. I'm rooting for Ford because it's the only US big three manufacturer that isn't on life support. I hope the car does well, but historically European Fords and GMs have sold very poorly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.