Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok well basically i have broken up with my bf of just oer 2years and im not absolutely distraught is that really bad?

also i always find that guys ive been out with seem to get really attatched or maybe i dont get that attatched, but it always ends due to the guy ''keeping tabs'' or where i am, what im doing etc...when they have no reason to think im cheating as i dont go out, have lost my firends cuz of him etc...

does anyone else find this?

Also was just wondering when do u think its ok to start dating again?

ReputationRep:
    so they get attached because they get in a relationship with you? SHOCK HORROR. the reason they have probably been keeping tabs on you is because they didn't trust you, by the sound of it, if you didn't get attached to your boyfriends, they probably thought you didn't care and by the sounds of it, you didn't .

ReputationRep:
    Start dating anytime you want, from even the day you break up, it's your life.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well obviously, you weren't that bothered about the relationship, so start seeing people whenever you want. just dont lead them on to cut them down like you have done in the past, it hurts like hell

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you didn't really care about him :/
    Not to be bothered after two years? Ouchhhh.

You can date again whenever you want, but to avoid looking like a total hoebag, I'd say at least 2-3 months.

ReputationRep:
    I think the real issue should be your caring so little.

your actually a *****.....after 2 years and not caring about breaking up thats pretty urmm like not right? no but seriousily it hurts like hell, bravo to you for not going through heartbreak but seriousily don't break another guys heart...its not cool.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think guys didnt have feelings- but they do.

With some guys they dont show it, I know it doesnt mean they dont have feelings just the expression...

Surely, if you broke up with him you would not be as "hurt" by it. Or was it a joint thing?

ReputationRep:
    I think though it hurts him he is better off without you, why did you stay with him so long when it seems like you couldnt give a damn about him.

ReputationRep:
    You were obviously the more assertive and attractive partner, which leads you to behave in particular ways. This state of mind is unsustainable in woman; you will find an attractive man, who seems uncaring or disinterested, and act in similarly irrational ways to your ex-boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I sympthasize.. i dont have much emotion either.. odd.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think your distraught because it sounds like the guy put you through it and was a very negative part of your life. People leave friends they have attachments with because they are negative, I have left some friends and not become distraught because why would I if they are having a negative impact on my life? However being with him for two years should make you feel pretty bad because he was a huge part of your life for two years, so the only one who can be the judge is yourself. If you needed to move on you needed to move on.

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe you dont feel distraught about this!!! i would feel bad and hurt if i even ending a relationship... and dont feel anything after 2 years?
    i just dont understand when people moan when they have someone who loves them and cares about them so much

ReputationRep:
    I find girls get really attached to me OP, it depends on the individual

I think its cute :yep:

ReputationRep:
    why am I the first person to ask (I think)-

if you're not attached to this guy, why the hell have you been with him for 2 years??
    if you don't feel that strongly about him then fine, but you should have broken it off when that went on for a while

ReputationRep:
    well i was actually really in love with him but i was really hurt!!!....he told another girl he loved her and that he would have kissed her if it wasnt for him being with me....i ended up not going out etc...and i was really upset that we broke up and hurt but i had to do it cuz of all this stuff also he almost lost me my degree which although i was hurt i just wanted to forget and move on and i felt really free in a way. i had never cheated, had one guy mate who doesnt speak to me anymore because of what happend...he could basically see me getting hurt and i didnt listen....this was the 2nd guy i had ever been out with. 1st guy was exactly the same and he cheated on me although i only found out after we split up, but the reason i splitup with him was cuz he would get really paranoid about stuff and always used to go through my messages...which i didnt care about at 1st till he wouldnt let me even play silly games on his fone when i was bored....and also he would always ask people if i had been out anywhere even if he knew i was just at home....i didnt want to go into the whole thing but it obviously came across like i never consider anyone elses feeling when he got chuked out of his house he lived at mine for 6 months with not a penny!!! and i was working and at uni...anyway i am now just getting my old friends back and got some good guy mates again

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.