Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I love Aussie girls. It's the confidence, the accent, the ease with themselves, take no **** etc. I think they are sexy.

You ever met an aussie girl/guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Never met any, but I don't have any reason to hate them?
    Am I right or is it a misconception that Australian girls are quite manly? I like em girly.
    Not manly, just assertive, strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    So basically.. Manly.
    No, only if you're a guy that like the helpless wimp type.

I love Aussies (especially during the Ashes :coma:). Male or female. Same with South Africans. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I love aussies, the men are very nice and the accent is ace

ReputationRep:
    Australian girls have the hottest accent ever. They're usually cute too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englandforever)
    I love aussies, the men are very nice and the accent is ace
    They're notoriously chauvinist generally (not that it's a bad thing at all). Yes it's a stereotype, hence why I said generally.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told a couple of times i've got twinge of Australian in my accent , but yeah - they're pretty awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris king)
    They're notoriously chauvinist generally (not that it's a bad thing at all). Yes it's a stereotype, hence why I said generally.
    we cant all be perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homie)
    I've been told a couple of times i've got twinge of Australian in my accent , but yeah - they're pretty awesome
    I've been told that too, i have never been to australia. I'm from the west midlands and sound nothing like a asussie

ReputationRep:
    Given that I've never been, I'll have to assume Home And Away is an accurate sample of Aussie girls.

Not bad at all!

ReputationRep:
    Like the squeaky voice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englandforever)
    I've been told that too, i have never been to australia. I'm from the west midlands and sound nothing like a asussie
    Same! I'm from the south, the only word I think I say Australian is 'Australia'. But apparently I sound it quite often :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Made a fair few Aussie friends travelling, nice guys, but on the other hand a few have been arsey and don't like us Brits!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Kiwi (New Zealander). I have a love-hate relationship with Aussies. I have Aussie friends, but I have to tease them on principle

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.