Turn on thread page Beta

Uneven ribcage, normal? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine does the same.

ReputationRep:
    The necromancers strike again! :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Um im 14 years old and round the centre of my chest my right side of my chest bone like the ribcage sticks out waayy more than the left side. Is this normal? Im kinda worried I thought I had cancer or something at first. But the left side is completely flat as the right side is sticking out alot alot more.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RJ555)
    I've noticed recently that my left part of my ribcage sticks out significantly more than my right (which is pretty flat), particularly towards the centre of the chest (near breastbone), it jsut sticks out at a funny angle.

Its abit odd I guess, is this a normal thing, like having two different sized feet? Have had my chest checked over by docs and they've never mentioned it as a concern.
    Yeah I'm exactly the same XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried about the current state of my ribs,over the last year or two the left hand side has became more and more protrusive and has almost created a point in between my lower and upper ribs; it sometimes creates pain around this area, any advice is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    mines exactly the same. left peck and rib cage is bigger than right... ironically you comparing it to different sized feet, my left foot is also bigger than the right.

ReputationRep:
    I have it but its also when I stand up. And will it go away when I'm older because I'm only 14, can it be something that doesn't stay there. If not can I have it removed

I have the same thing ! On my left side !
    I was wondering if anyone knows if this can had an affect on your heart ? I tend to get pains, nothing I'm too worried about. But have never put two and two together! Wondering if I should get it checked out ?
    It's like my third rib up on my left side sticks out a lot, and then it's like it goes flat instead of curved (if that even makes sense)

ReputationRep:
    me too i have uneven rib cage the left is bigger than the right. im 25 yrs old. is it normal?tnx for the answers

ReputationRep:
    Ive been having breathing problems also! And at first i thought it was because of my uneven ribs but i guess not since it came back clear. Tell me if there is something wrong (breathing wise) so i can tell my doctor what might be the cause of my breathing problems.( i dont have asthma tho so this is why my breathing has been huge concern for a year and a half)

ReputationRep:
    My left side of the rib cage protrudes a lot more than my right side too, I’ve had a couple of ECG’s done due to concerns over pain I sometimes experience in my side but everything was clear
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    @Selkey Regarding your breathing certain positions continuously could cause you to have breathing difficulties. I thought it was health issues but wasn’t. I saw a massage therapist (groupon deal) and she gave me a deep Tissue message (not aromatherapy) and as soon as I got up I noticed a massive different. To guys that row etc. I went to holistic health gogde st for the Londoners and saw a lady call Seema Douglas. She amazing!!! For how My chest and back felt after £24 was ridiculous to pay even on a discounted deal for groupon ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    I too have the left side protrude more than the right

ReputationRep:
    Its perfectly normal.

ReputationRep:
    i have same problem but in my case i does not seem to me normal. because i also feel sever pain on edges of backbone due to it

ReputationRep:
    What if mines the right side sticking out and when I burp my chest hurts like the air is trying to push my chest out even further
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm closing this thread cos it's old and that gets confusing. If anybody wants to talk about anything similar please feel free to make a new post.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.