The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do

So i have a girlfriend on and off for over a year now.
Around the same time last year she cheated on me so we broke up until around October last year.
Since then we have been getting on pretty well. I went on a holiday to Greece last week and i really enjoyed it.
I stayed at a hotel and at some point got talking to one of the girls there who works at the hotel resturant.
Now its not really cheating in its most major form as we only kissed, but its still bad right?
Problem now is, since returning to the UK from Greece i realise i havnt missed my girlfriend at all. Nor have i missed anything in this country to be honest. I loved the holiday, awesome weather, nice beaches and everyone there is so more relaxed and nice. There are many Italian girls there and they are so different to English girls. Look gorgeous and have something about them that i really like. I also seemed to get a lot more attention from girls at the resort compared to what i seem to get in the UK.

Anyway yea, i feckin' love it in Greece and at some point i would love to take a year out and live there. Just for the experience.
But what should i do now, do i keep it quiet or tell her what happened and explain that im not really that happy with her anymore?
Reply 1
Maybe the Italian girls just wanted sex? Just because they seem interested in you doesn't mean they want to be life long partners and you'll live the life of a Don in Italy.
Reply 2
Fawn
Maybe the Italian girls just wanted sex? Just because they seem interested in you doesn't mean they want to be life long partners and you'll live the life of a Don in Italy.

Lol i'm fully aware of that thanks.
I just really like the place as apposed to my life in the UK. And i never said i wanted a life long partner in Italy, i didnt even go there :s-smilie:
But yea i think i'll end it with the mrs.
Reply 3
Anyone else got any input on this?
Reply 4
I think you should tell you gf the truth but do try and sugar-coat it a bit... Its more fair to her...
also, maybe its just your life you dont like here i.e. jobs and responsibilities.... if you do go to Greece for a year you will have those responsibilities and so you wont enjoy it as much!
Reply 5
I dont think i can tell her the truth it would crush her and i'd feel guilty for weeks.
I think i'd enjoy work in Greece as well, not simply because of the place. I just prefer the people there (no offense to everyone here). I just get sick of chavs EVERYWHERE you go.
Like this lad in my village, the day i got back from holiday he goes 'Oiiii ben, giz a lift ta taaaan (town)'
Makes me cringe.
Reply 6
End it with your gf... since you didnt miss her
Reply 7
erm... there are chavs in Greece aswell... you just dont know any of them because you were in a holiday resort... but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions...
Reply 8
We didnt stay at the resort the whole time.
Yes ive seen some 'chavs' in greece, if you can call them that. By which i mean they have loud exhausts on their knackerd out Punto's, but they dont stand in groups drinking and provoking fights to anyone that makes eye contact.
Reply 9
Well yesterday i kind of cheated on her again. Though this time it was more than a kiss, less than sex.
I feel v v guilty. However my GF cheated on me last year when she went on holiday.
Shes on holiday now for a week, and when i think of her on holiday it reminds me of what she COULD be doing with someone else right now, even though she swears she was stupid back then an promises time and time again that she would never cheat again because she couldnt bare to hurt me.
But still, when i think of her on holiday now all my guilt kind of goes away so i go out and meet girls care free.
Woah im confused :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Impreza18
Well yesterday i kind of cheated on her again. Though this time it was more than a kiss, less than sex.
I feel v v guilty. However my GF cheated on me last year when she went on holiday.
Shes on holiday now for a week, and when i think of her on holiday it reminds me of what she COULD be doing with someone else right now, even though she swears she was stupid back then an promises time and time again that she would never cheat again because she couldnt bare to hurt me.
But still, when i think of her on holiday now all my guilt kind of goes away so i go out and meet girls care free.
Woah im confused :s-smilie:

Well, tell her you cheated on her. If she dumps you then its pretty clear that she isnt worth it, you stuck by her so surely she should stick by you?
Reply 11
mipegg
Well, tell her you cheated on her. If she dumps you then its pretty clear that she isnt worth it, you stuck by her so surely she should stick by you?

Because i didnt stick by her.
When she told me she cheated i dumped her then went out 3 months later.
During those 3 months i got with a lot of girls, a lot of which were friends with my gf. I did this just to get at her (immature yes but i was heartbroken in a manner of speaking). So i didnt take the whole thing lightly.
She would dump me if i told her, mostly because im always reassuring that i would never cheat on her and i get annoyed at her when she tries to look on my phone because it shows lack of trust.
Reply 12
Impreza18
Because i didnt stick by her.
When she told me she cheated i dumped her then went out 3 months later.
During those 3 months i got with a lot of girls, a lot of which were friends with my gf. I did this just to get at her (immature yes but i was heartbroken in a manner of speaking). So i didnt take the whole thing lightly.
She would dump me if i told her, mostly because im always reassuring that i would never cheat on her and i get annoyed at her when she tries to look on my phone because it shows lack of trust.

Then there Id say you have your answer, dump her and say you cant do it anymore as your tempted by other girls. It'll be less harsh on her than saying you cheated on her
Reply 13
But i still miss her a bit. We get on really well and i enjoy her company. We do a lot of stuff together that i dont do with mates, such as going to theme parks and cinema.
Ill see how i feel when she gets back, then take it from there.
Reply 14
Dragging up an old thread lol.
We broke up today. Well it was weird.
I went over to pick my things up that i kept at her house. We talked for a bit and we sort of ended up having sex. She was all loved up again and asked me what we do from here. Neither of us knew, we both kind of decided to have some time apart and if we really miss eachother then we will know we have something special.
She then said, ' we are back together now' and cuddled me. I then said exactly 'well together-ish', and explained that we arent really together cuz our relationship is rocky. I could tell she was really upset. Thing is she has made plans to see mates practically all this week so it makes sense just to have a break.
I went out to my car to go home and said bye to her and she was like 'yea by maybe see you again or maybe never' sort of implying that we might just not want to see eachother again. She walked off nearly in tears so i ran back and hugged her to try and keep it good between us. Then said bye and that was that, im home now explaining the situation with a bunch of students lol.

Was this the right thing to do do people think?
Reply 15
bump
why say anything? She won't ever know.. really it's whether you're happy with the whole situation that matters, but telling her wont benefit you at all unless it's an issue with a dirty concience, but that would be rather silly wouldn't it?
Reply 17
Didnt you read my latest post? Im not gonna tell her lol

Latest

Trending

Trending