Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A pathetic problem, but I need advice... Watch

Ok, well basically there's this guy who lives in the UAE, and we've been talking online for hours each day for quite a while. He's probably coming to england in the next few weeks for holidays, and the main reason he wants to come here is to meet me....We've told each other everything and spoken on the phone, send texts all the time and sent pics and everything, so I guess meeting is the next logical step.

And the thing is this guy REALLY likes me. And I like him. We're meeting partly to see whether we like each other IRL aswell as our personalities from online. He say's things like, he doesn't want to lose me, and everything. He says he cares about me, and loves me like how you'd love a friend/sister whatever.

But the thing is, this guy my sister knows wants to "get to know me" (He said he likes my pic), and my sister gave him my msn and he wants to go on a date..... I don't know what to do! Cause I like the guy from online and he would get jealous if I went out with some guy, and hes coming al the way from there just to see me....but then he lives so far away so even if we really liked each other when we meet, nothing can happen cause he lives so far!

I know I sound pathetic, but I really need advice here, what do I do? I can't stop talking to the online guy cause I like him so much and he likes me, it would be cruel, but at the same time nothing can happen with us, so should I try to move on and occupy myself?

ReputationRep:
    It's your life, do what you like. Meet the online guy and ignore the one who likes you because of your picture. Not exactly the most deep of potential relationships, now, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Meet up with online guy before sister's guy. If you get along with online guy, apologise to sister's guy but you're into someone else. If you don't get along with online guy, meet up with sister's guy.

If plan fails, give up on men and become a lesbian

ReputationRep:
    see both of them but dont tell either of them about the other bloke.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, calm yourself down. After reading that, I got the impression your arms were flailing dramatically as you typed key by key.

Secondly, I think it's good you have your head (partially) screwed on and realise that dating somebody from another country won't always end well. That being said, I think it'd be worth your while to meet the online guy at least - he might be completely different face to face which might change everything.

Oh, and tell your sister's friend to gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=

I know I sound pathetic, but I really need advice here, what do I do? I can't stop talking to the online guy cause I like him so much and he likes me, it would be cruel, but at the same time nothing can happen with us, so should I try to move on and occupy myself? [/QUOTE]

sounds like you've really connected with this guy from UAE and it would be a shame to throw that away coz some guy thinks ur pretty - the guy from teh UAE would definately think that too if you've sent pictures and you'd really hurt this guy if you chucked love/relationship for convenience - lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.