Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When to Cleanse, Tone + Moisturize? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've bought these whole load of products recently and know I'm supposed to exfoliate and use the mask about once or twice a week.

But for cleansing, toning and moisturizing, I'm not sure, should I do these in the morning or at night, or each at different times?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't always use a toner, but i cleanse and moisturise every morning and every night. If i'm using a toner i use it morning and night also.

I do the process morning and night. Exfoliating made me break out loads - so I don't bother with it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Cleanse, tone and moisturise every morning and evening. I use a gentle exfoliator twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    I always cleanse and moisturise in the mornings. I only do it in the evenings if I've been wearing make up. I exfoliate every three days or so.

ReputationRep:
    what cleanser, toner, moisturiser and exfoliators do you use?

ReputationRep:
    I do it after a shower in the morning, before putting make up on, and again at night after taking make up off. I personally don't bother exfoliating as it does no good for my skin.

ReputationRep:
    I cleanse, tone and moisturise every morning and then I cleanse and tone in the evening and use a special night time treatment gel in the evening.
    I don't tend to exfoliate but I do use face masks about 3 times a month just to give my skin a boost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue.China)
    I've bought these whole load of products recently and know I'm supposed to exfoliate and use the mask about once or twice a week.

But for cleansing, toning and moisturizing, I'm not sure, should I do these in the morning or at night, or each at different times?

Thanks
    It a reap off of your hard earn cash, i say water and soap is just as good tbh.
    In my experience i once went out and brought all cleanser, toner, moisturiser used them twice a day but within a week or 2 they started causing spots on my face like crazy so stopped them, and my mum brought me this £1.99 soap which has been working for me and all the spots, scar have goned after a week of use. Also i'm guessing that maybe you should be tired a sample size purchase first to see if its the right product for your face, skin type.

ReputationRep:
    I cleanse, exfoliate, tone and moisturize every morning and night.

ReputationRep:
    You need to do it every morning and night

ReputationRep:
    I cleanse, tone, and moisturize in the mornings

ReputationRep:

in memory of brown patrick bateman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flea-x)
    what cleanser, toner, moisturiser and exfoliators do you use?
    Great, thanks everyone.

I bought the Simple products, by the way. Anyone suggest a better range?

Great, thanks everyone.

I have just switched to the Simple rang and its nice on my skin, especially the toner. I was using clinique, but it was just too harsh and expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Lush <3

I cleanse/moisterise/tone every morning and night, switch around the type of cleaneser/moisteriser/toner I use depending on how my skin is acting, then exfoliate every other day or every 2 days [works best for my combo skin] and mask x2-4 times a week with different types. Then throw in treatments when my skin is acting up.

ReputationRep:
    Great, thanks everyone.

the best range out there is Liz Earle, for both male and female. simple as. you should google it or something, check it out

ReputationRep:
    someone said soap is ok, which it is for some people. Most people tend to find it too drying and harsh on the skin though, cleansers are gentler btw, i'm a trained skincare and beauty consultant. Unperfumed ones, like simple or something, are the best.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I do it in the mornings usually, but sometimes at night as well. My face gets irritated easily so I try to only do it once a day.

ReputationRep:
    I use Simple's face wash and the Body Shop's Vitamin E moisturiser, although I've used Simple's in the past and have been very happy with it. I had a nasty reaction to their face mask though, which was strange.

Simple is the best range I've tried without sampling more expensive ranges, such as Liz Earl or Clinique.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.