Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if people thought this Topshop Dress would be suitable for taking business customers out for a meal?

We are trying to persuade the customers/clients to invest so need to look the part.

Also if yes, any suggestions on how to dress up the dress? Just court shoes?

Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, but it's a bit hard to tell from the small picture.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, here is the link : Long Sleeved Dress

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, but what kind of business is it? It kind of changes how business smart you need to be imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menagerie)
    I don't think so, but what kind of business is it? It kind of changes how business smart you need to be imo.
    The company is trying to get a large investment company to invest in the IT business I am working for, the people we are meeting are casual/smart but it's worth a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHoward)
    The company is trying to get a large investment company to invest in the IT business I am working for, the people we are meeting are casual/smart but it's worth a lot of money.
    Tbh, I'd go with a smart trouser suit with a nice fitted/nipped in jacket, with a nice top and some court shoes. It sounds kind of boring, but for big investors, you can't afford to alienate them by giving off the wrong image. Professional is best in these cases imo.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the dress again it's well above the knees, may need tights with it. Probably too short..

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if people thought this Topshop Dress would be suitable for taking business customers out for a meal?

We are trying to persuade the customers/clients to invest so need to look the part.

Also if yes, any suggestions on how to dress up the dress? Just court shoes?

Many thanks in advance
    Well, assuming you're not going to be the only female there, try and see what everyone else is wearing...

ReputationRep:
    It looks a little too short and low at the back to be suitable for a business meeting in my opinion. Do you have any more dresses which are a bit longer? I'd probably say just below the knee rather than just above it would be a good bet.

Or maybe you could try a fitted pair of trousers with a smart/casual top? That way the outfit could be seen as smart or casual and should be able to blend in with whatever everyone else wears.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - it's not the most casual thing, but doesn't really look smart enough for the occasion you need it for :/

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't look appropriate to me - too much flesh (it's quite short and shows a lot of back). Also, from previous pictures that you've posted of yourself, I don't think it would be very flattering on you.

I'd go for a suit personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    It doesn't look appropriate to me - too much flesh (it's quite short and shows a lot of back). Also, from previous pictures that you've posted of yourself, I don't think it would be very flattering on you.

I'd go for a suit personally.
    Looking again, yes it's showing a lot of flesh, I was thinking instead of this Next suit.

River, wow you have a good memory as the post was seemingly ages back

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but you can't be serious? That's a lovely dress but you do own a mirror right ... you've got a manly firgure, there is NO way you should EVER wear a body con dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I'm sorry but you can't be serious? That's a lovely dress but you do own a mirror right ... you've got a manly firgure, there is NO way you should EVER wear a body con dress.
    I have not brought the dress yet, was looking at buying it depending on comments

ReputationRep:
    I honestly cannot tell whether you're trolling or not, because seriously NO-ONE can be THAT unaware of their bodyshape.

ReputationRep:
    Very low back. Go for something more conservative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I honestly cannot tell whether you're trolling or not, because seriously NO-ONE can be THAT unaware of their bodyshape.
    I am not 'trolling', yes I honestly find it hard to choose clothes at times.

ReputationRep:
    Looking again, yes it's showing a lot of flesh, I was thinking instead of this Next suit.

River, wow you have a good memory as the post was seemingly ages back
    If the fabric isn't really nasty, then I think that would be much more appropriate and I think that it could be quite flattering.

ReputationRep:
    Think best to go bare legged or light tights?

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice dress, but not sure if it would be suitable for a business-meeting as it looks very short and quite tight. If you did wear it, I think tights would make it slightly better, but depending on how formal you're required to be, it may not be appropriate :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.