Turn on thread page Beta

Dress for evening out watch

ReputationRep:
    Tights with a suit, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    Tights with a suit, definitely.
    Was thinking semi opaque black tights with court shoes with the suit... Should be reasonably smart?

ReputationRep:
    What's your body like? What do you look like?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite nice, surprisingly for a Topshop dress, until I saw how short it is and the low back. That would be so much nicer if it was just below the knee with a higher back!

So no, not appropriate...might make you look like you're offering other services if you get what I'm saying?!

ReputationRep:
    I do have broader shoulders and I have not tried it on yet as I was interested in opinions... If favourable will pop into town tomorrow :p:

abc101: Second look showed me how really short it was, I know what you mean.

will be trying on the nice skirt suit from Next tomorrow, probably best to go wearing or take opaque tights with me ? I don't like my legs.

ReputationRep:
    Wear it with some black tights, black shoes, go with a black bag and wear a fitted womn's blazer in a bold colour, not too bold though hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    Wear it with some black tights, black shoes, go with a black bag and wear a fitted womn's blazer in a bold colour, not too bold though hehe
    The suit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHoward)
    The suit?
    The dress.

If worn with tights and a blazer you won't look inappropriate, you'll look smart and proper

ReputationRep:
    Just to repeat, I do not think that the dress will flatter you at all. I also think that it would look weird with a blazer.

ReputationRep:
    Just to repeat, I do not think that the dress will flatter you at all. I also think that it would look weird with a blazer.
    I am not happy with the length, for one I don't have the legs or the looks to pull the style needed for the dress...

For the skirt suit should I still go for opaque black tights, court shoes and black handbag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHoward)
    I am not happy with the length, for one I don't have the legs or the looks to pull the style needed for the dress...

For the skirt suit should I still go for opaque black tights, court shoes and black handbag?
    I wouldn't go for opaque tights in summer, I think it's too heavy. I'd go for something slightly more shear, but still black. Maybe a 10 denier?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go for opaque tights in summer, I think it's too heavy. I'd go for something slightly more shear, but still black. Maybe a 10 denier?
    I mean't sheer black tights, shoes I was thinking Court shoes and top .. I saw This but probably not formal enough?

ReputationRep:
    Brought the Next skirt suit, only question left is suggestions for tops that will be suitable?

ReputationRep:
    wear a shirt/ blouse. in a cream colour would look nice with the grey shade of the suit.

EDIT: take a look at http://www.shopstyle.co.uk/browse?fts=cream+blouse# for ideas on style etc.

ReputationRep:
    I like this one.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.