Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am a Greek student, currently waiting for the last grade of High School to begin. I live in a really small town and my only qualificationsare (or will be) my Cambridge Proficiency in English Certicicate, my German language Certificates and the Apolytirion (which will come next year).
    How can I make an application which will have chances to be accepted? In the uni's site it is reffered that the Apolyririon is an acceptable qualification, but I want to hear opinions from other international accepted students.
    UCAS seems to me rather complicated and it is mostly friendly to people taken A-levels and such qualifications- I think.
    Any help would be welcome- I don't really know people who can help me.

I am an italian student and we receive a diploma with just a total score (0-100 with 60=pass). I applied to UCAS and didn't really write my grades, just my predicted score for the final exam and in my reference letter my teacher wrote some stuff for every subject.
    I got offers from 3/5 universities and they asked for a certain score in my diploma... perfectly understandable for me!
    I was expecting offers from every university I applied to as my application didn't really contain much information about my grades so I was hoping for high-requirements offers for the best universities but well who knows, it was something we (italians) are not used to.
    I think you should write your (predicted) grades for every subject and final score if you have one... the admissions tutors will know what they mean.
    The only thing they don't know is how good your school is, which for example was bad for me because my school is quite hard compared to others so I could have gone to another school and have much better grades.
    Hope I answered your questions
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.