Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have recently got my results for IB, I did have an offer for HYMS buttttt I screwed up. I met their minimum offer of 32 points but didnt get the higher score of 665 I got 554 in highers. So its unlikely they will take me this year
    So my options are:
    1- Do a degree in biomedical science etc and go through the graduate entry route. But I dont think I can afford it/ the whole time scale might not be necessary ifffff
    2- I resit my IB exams in my highers and get something like 666 in my highers. Buttt it seems to close more doors than it opens as so many uni's just dont seem to want resit applicants. I dont have any mitigating circumstances either unless I hurt a member of my family....
    3- Fast track A levels? This was presented to me an option but is it even possible to do a levels in one year IB Chem/ Bio are very similar but is it possible?
    Are there any other options? Would you presonally reccomend any of the options more? Any help at all would be sooo appreciated. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Anyone please?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.