Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like I've failed in life Watch

Last year I applied to Cambridge uni, got an interview, and was rejected. I realised that I had to get in or else I could never get a good job in the future. When I got rejected I came to the realisation of what it all means. I failed at life, I cannot get a good job, and my uni experience will be awful. Everyone will look down on me and think I'm a failure.

Relationship-wise, no girl will want to be with someone in a bad, low paid job (which is what I will get from another uni). No girl will want to be with someone who is not as clever. To top it all off, I am not very handsome or attractive so I have failed my appearance and my career. I want to kill myself. What should I do with the rest of my life?

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, not getting into Cambridge is NOT the end of the world.

But yeah, just kill your self. It's a win-win situation as you and the rest of the world will benefit :yes:

ReputationRep:
    ...You're actually kidding me, right? I mean, someone who applied to CAMBRIDGE can't seriously be that stupid!

Imperial/LSE have higher graduate prospects anyway.

I can't believe you're actually saying that not getting into the 3rd best university in the world means you fail at life. There's a couple of hundred other universities in the UK fgs. Grow up. If this is your attitude, I'm glad they rejected you.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the real world, my friend. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john.miguel)
    Ffs, not getting into Cambridge is NOT the end of the world.

But yeah, just kill your self. It's a win-win situation as you and the rest of the world will benefit :yes:
    Nice :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because everybody who doesn't go to Cambridge will become a drunken unemployed virgin.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you people see that this is satire of TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    ...You're actually kidding me, right? I mean, someone who applied to CAMBRIDGE can't seriously be that stupid!

Imperial/LSE have higher graduate prospects anyway.

I can't believe you're actually saying that not getting into the 3rd best university in the world means you fail at life. There's a couple of hundred other universities in the UK fgs. Grow up. If this is your attitude, I'm glad they rejected you.
    hmm I really do hope the OP is having a pisstake.
    Re:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it's exactly posts like these why TSR seems to have such a satirical reputation. Snap out of it, failure is a stepping stone to success, and I wouldn't not getting into Cambridge a failure anyway. You will be regarded a pitiful failure if you kill yourself for such a stupid reason as this. People have gone through much worse.

ReputationRep:
    Hey you didnt fail at life. PLENTY of good things can and will still happen, being at a certain universtiy doesnt guarantee you a well paid job. Its now down to you frankly to take this rejection and show Cambridge what they missed out on. Then you can *****slap them and sh*t all over their faces from great heights. But you've got to accept it, give them the the middle finger and get on with making yourself better.

Plus if you do sh*t on their face youd be a total bad ass and Im sure youd be able to pull with that story (maybe)

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ everyone who doesn't realise this thread is a joke!

ReputationRep:
    Oh noes. Another case of the Cambridge Rejection Syndrome.

ReputationRep:
    I can really picture myself saying the same thing in two years time .... but not about the girls thing.

(Original post by tomthecool)
    Lol @ everyone who doesn't realise this thread is a joke!
    that's easy for you to say when you got an offer from cambridge :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Ha. Good one OP

ReputationRep:
    Lame troll is lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    that's easy for you to say when you got an offer from cambridge :mad:
    Haha well played :rolleyes:

Although I'm pretty sure I didn't get AAAA (probably AAAB), so my place is hardly guaranteed.
    And a part of me would actually prefer to go to Warwick anyway, so I'm not even bothered :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    Yes, because everybody who doesn't go to Cambridge will become a drunken unemployed virgin.
    How does one become a virgin (with the exception of birth, which they'd have already been through).

If you're really that desperate, wait another year and reapply? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, im glad all the smart people are committing suicide...makes all us dumb people look smart!
    Seriously dude? You got an interview, surely that's life-worthy...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.