The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lefty Leo
If you're really that desperate, wait another year and reapply? :yes:

they think you are desperate if you do that. I only had one chance, I failed.
Anonymous
they think you are desperate if you do that. I only had one chance, I failed.

Erm, waiting an extra year doing stuff is surely a sign of commitment? The fact that you think you're right for the uni so bad you missed out on a year of educaiton somewhere else?
You have failed life and this thread PROVES it!
Reply 23
I think the intent of this thread was revealed when it was posted in H&R
Reply 24
This has to be a troll... no-one actually believes that the won't get a decent job if they don't get into Cambridge.
Reply 25
tomthecool
Lol @ everyone who doesn't realise this thread is a joke!

this

And OP, gtfo off the internet, you dont deserve a computer
Reply 26
Anonymous
Last year I applied to Cambridge uni, got an interview, and was rejected. I realised that I had to get in or else I could never get a good job in the future. When I got rejected I came to the realisation of what it all means. I failed at life, I cannot get a good job, and my uni experience will be awful. Everyone will look down on me and think I'm a failure.

Relationship-wise, no girl will want to be with someone in a bad, low paid job (which is what I will get from another uni). No girl will want to be with someone who is not as clever. To top it all off, I am not very handsome or attractive so I have failed my appearance and my career. I want to kill myself. What should I do with the rest of my life?

I know what you mean. Its heart breaking I know, its even worse when you get offers and dont fulfil the criteria.

But you have to move on.. you have to think NO! I can carry on.. you will be the best.

Its about your degree- what you get 1st you'll get a good paid job... depends what you do!

Suicide, I know its hard to deal with, you think you have nothing, but rejection is a life lesson, at first you dont suceed you try again and again. No one said everybody desrves happiness you have to pursue it.

I asked myself the same thing "what do I do with the rest of my life?" I tried so hard.. my career my work meant so much to me I had to say well what am I doing? There is more to life...

You are a bright person- channel it into something worthwhile. Its Cambridge's loss..

Wish you the best..

PM me if you wanna chat
Reply 27
You fail at life for thinking this is failing at life.
Reply 28
I hope for your sake this is a joke...Grow some man it isn't the end of the world
Anonymous
Last year I applied to Cambridge uni, got an interview, and was rejected. I realised that I had to get in or else I could never get a good job in the future. When I got rejected I came to the realisation of what it all means. I failed at life, I cannot get a good job, and my uni experience will be awful. Everyone will look down on me and think I'm a failure.

Relationship-wise, no girl will want to be with someone in a bad, low paid job (which is what I will get from another uni). No girl will want to be with someone who is not as clever. To top it all off, I am not very handsome or attractive so I have failed my appearance and my career. I want to kill myself. What should I do with the rest of my life?

You're right. No girl would ever want to touch you. We all dig the Oxbridge guys.
you don't deserve to go to cambridge if you have been fooled into nearly killing yourself, because your not going to a top university.
OP, please don't think like that - a degree from Oxbridge will not in itself get you a well-paid job and translate into a successful life. I should know - I graduated from Cambridge with a 2.1 a year ago and still haven't managed to get a permanent job. What will ensure that you go far in life is having, first of all, a positive attitude which will enable you to make the most of opportunities when they present themselves. Yes, it is important to go to a good university and to do as well as possible, but that doesn't have to be Oxbridge. Go to university, work hard hard, make lots of friends and take advantage of all the extracurricular activities on offer, especially those which relate to careers you are considering. In the vacations, do relevant work experience and make personal contacts, as they can be vital to getting a job afterwards. You have an incredibly exciting stage of life ahead of you, good luck and most of all, enjoy it!
Reply 32
Anonymous
that's easy for you to say when you got an offer from cambridge :mad:

If i had of applied to cambridge and got an offer, tbh i would personally have rejected them. There are much better universities out there for my course with much better graduate perspectus.
Reply 33
Cheer up! Not getting into Cambridge may enable you to LIVE life more.Job prospects for LSE are higher,I think.Girls going only for your degree or salary are not worth your attention.Look around you & see how blessed you are with what you DO have.So many others don't experience a lot of things you take for granted-an education,for instance.Good luck:smile:
Reply 34
Well what does it say about you that you feel the only way you can succeed is through Cambridge? The people that should be admired are those who find a way to be successful wherever they end up in life. Cambridge is just one opportunity, there are many more out there and what is important is how you make use of them.
Reply 35
Loser!
Reply 36
This is a joke, right?
Reply 37
Anonymous

I would consider giving all your possessions away to charities, and living in the streets; that is all your good for...

Seriously; do you think that all you need to have a good life is a degree from Cambridge? I know two people who have, out of all the people I know, and one of them has had an awful life. Granted, the other is a millionaire with a big musical career, but so are a few other, self-taught, people I know. Hell, the highest qualification I've got is an E-grade AS level in Electronics, and I wouldn't say my life isn't worth living! I, with my single formal qualification, am on my way to having a career of my own in music, and that will mean I'll be able to afford the things I need and want, and I'll be able to go out and meet women.

In short: get over it.
This troll is successful.
Reply 39
ShortRef
Oxford is better anyway. This means you failed even more.

Then why apply?

'If i had'
I didn't for the main reason that Edinburgh beat them in virtually every area :smile: and i don't think i'd have gotten on with people in Cambridge owing that i come from a very run down area and don't know a single person in my area going to university :frown:.
Also Cambridge is faaaar to close to home...only an hour a way! (main reason)
I need to make dam sure i have minimum contact with home until i come home on holidays :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending