Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically i've been friends with this girl from uni for about 3 years now . I dont keep too many close friends and she is one of about 6 or 7 and as a group we've been on holiday a few times etc. so yeah we're close but she is as close to me as she is with my other close mates. Recently though we've been getting closer and physically intimate. Not all the way but she'd hold my hands under the table at the pub etc, we'd cuddle in bed etc. If she stays over at ours she will sleep in bed with me rather than jump in a spare bed, the other morning she was happy for me to be feeling/playing with her breasts in the morning (afterwards felt this took it from just being close to heading down the 'with benefits' route), the level of intimacy seems to be on the rise. All our mates take the piss that we're having something on but we both just laugh it off.

But I just dunno what to do. If it were any other girl it'd be fine but she's a close mate so i'm stuck. I dont think a **** buddy situation would suit us and I dont want to risk the friendship obviously. I'm happy as it is to be honest but am curious whether we can take it further. We've never spoken about the situation we're in either (I text her the other afternoon saying hoping the morning wasnt too weird and she just ignored it), it just happened and has carried on for a few months. Is it a weird state to be in as mates? I've done a search on this and it seems to be mixed opinions. Anyone else been in similar position - does it ever stay like this or is it inevitible to keep escalating or ruin the friendship? if there's danger of drifting apart i want to nip it in the bud asap but find it really hard to talk to her about it. Sounds pathetic!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.