Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI, i bought something from boots yesterday with my credit card and returned it today..

when they were doing the refund on the machine, they asked for the card i used yesterday. i thought i used my debit card so i gave them it instead of my credit card..

will there be any problem? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Erm no there shouldn't be. I worked in a shop and I never really queried the policy but I assume it was to prevent your credit card company billing you in their statement, as it would have been credited and canceled. You still get the money. The shop staff should have checked though. There could be an in-store reason for this as well.. maybe for the shops records?

ReputationRep:
    Tut tut tut, that's bad on the assistant who did that - s/he should've checked your card number.

You still get your money, don't worry about it. The reason shop refund in the tender paid is so people don't use shops to avoid balance transfer costs (i.e. buying on debit card, refunding onto credit card)
    You're fine
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Shops sometimes get a refund of their merchant fees if they refund back onto the same card. It's also to stop people stealing things, then returning it with a receipt that isn't theirs. It's nothing to do with balance transfer costs or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    cheers guys

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.