Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you spiritual? If so, why?

ReputationRep:
    Easy:
    It's for those who believe in a higher entity, but do not neccessarily identify with any official religious teachings for one reason or another.

ReputationRep:
    For those that believe there is life after death but not that there is heaven hell. Just a peaceful place that souls go to and if they are troubled or a nasty soul sometimes they get trapped on earth and have to be told to move on and to let go.

I don't believe in Heaven and Hell, but I do believe that when we die we don't just simply disappear, what would be the point in that, what would be the point in anything if we were just here for 80 years and that was it. I think souls are re incarnated, I don't think they just vanish.

ReputationRep:
    No i do not. But I can see why people do it. Gives them hope that life has a purpose and we are not really just smart apes.

ReputationRep:
    so essentially it's believing in something without much evidence to support it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombola)
    Easy:
    It's for those who believe in a higher entity, but do not neccessarily identify with any official religious teachings for one reason or another.
    Exactly. And there's no tying down to strict conventions...it teaches what's important and core to religion: the caring for others and belief in that higher entity without the idea that you HAVE to pray at a religious place or follow certain rules and customs to be close to God.
    He can hear you whether you talk to him in a religious institution or simply out, busy with your everyday life.
    I think it's great and accepts everybody, working for a greater good without divisions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    so essentially it's believing in something without much evidence to support it? :confused:
    I thought that would be a given...
    You can't exactly observe a soul with the five senses, can you?

But here's one - What is consciousness?
    And if so, do you believe there is such thing free will?

For many people there's evidence, however it's not useful against scientific scrutiny.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.