Turn on thread page Beta

Theres a girl at school (I've finished yr 13 now). Over the year she always said hello, but i never got the opportunity to speak properly, and always put off talking to her telling myself I'd do it at a better opportunity, because I'm uncofident and quiet

Its now summer and I won't see her again, and now constantly get angry at myself for not dong anything, and have a dull summer ahead, before going off to uni inexperienced with girls completely

ReputationRep:
    You learn from experiance, think about how much you would give to have anither chance, Go into uni and don't shy out. You won't regret things then.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe add her on facebook or something and get chatting?

If not, try not to dwell on it. Maybe just try and make the most of the summer instead and dont write it off yet. Try and organise to do things with friends and go out. This will give you the opportunity to meet new people and possibly new girls. But don't worry about going to uni being inexperienced, it's no biggie. Like Gibb said, just make the most of things when you get there. I know it must be difficult if you are lacking confidence but you wont have to live with regrets then and you will feel so much better having made the most of every opportunity.

deosnt have fb.

i could resort to some good old fashioned stalking in hope of 'bumping into her' though :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i could resort to some good old fashioned stalking in hope of 'bumping into her' though :ninja:
    Haha! Good luck with that if you do decide to go through with it. Just make sure you hold a conversation with her and not stare at her from afar... :p:

It's all about learning from the experience, as the others have said: next time opportunity strikes, go for it! Or be gnawed by regret, indefinitely.

ReputationRep:
    i remember something almost similar happened to me during high school, but like someone has already said that you should not dwell on it - learn from your mistake and next time go for that girl and talk to her. But then again i did find that going to university does do some amazing things to your outlook on life and your confidence.

So next time, take the leap and forget about shyness.. it only takes one thing to make a difference - YOU!

Good luck in future, and at university

ReputationRep:
    Did you waste that chance? Yes

Is it a big deal? No

You will have many many chances during the next few years of your life and the rate will grow exponentially as you become more experienced.

Of those chances, you will waste many of them too, but you will also succeed with many of them.

You have nothing to worry about. Take your time. It isn't a race

hhmmm

ReputationRep:
    Don't spend your thoughts lingering on her. If you can see your mistake now then you can get some practice in with other girls you meet in summer before uni if that bothers you. Just put yourself out there and try your best. It doesn't matter if you make mistakes again, because like this time, you'll learn from them and do better next time.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    You will get many more chances, and don't be surprised if you also regret not taking action and wasting many more too.

But hopefully you will have slowly gained confidence and determination each time, and reduce your overthinking of each situation. Then maybe, just maybe you'll finally have the confidence to just jump in, say 'Hi' and take it from there! Then you'll realise what the fuss was about lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.