Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Silly Names for Car Colours? (and bikes, obviously!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd ask as having looked at the brochure for my bike, the colour is 'Candy Ruby Magenta'.. WHAT!? However, Suzuki have also attempted to call it 'red'.....

What other silly colours have you seen? I've seen also 'denim' which is silly also as denim is a fabric, not a colour.

ReputationRep:
    Well... My MG is "Inca yellow" .... how do they know what colour an "inca" is anyway? They've been dead hundreds of years!

The Jag is "Savoy Grey"

ReputationRep:
    According to the thread about the new Fiesta, Ford call lime green "squeeze".

ReputationRep:
    mines pearlescent black...

ReputationRep:
    Well, Ford have "Juice Green" on the 1997 Mondeo.

Rover use Rioja Red Pearl on the 1996/7 216.

ReputationRep:
    Kalahari Beige Metallic ... :rolleyes:

Hearing the colour name makes people think eeeeew when I'm talking about my car but in truth the colour (a lot more Gold than beige) really suits the car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porscha!)
    Kalahari Beige Metallic ... :rolleyes:

Hearing the colour name makes people think eeeeew when I'm talking about my car but in truth the colour (a lot more Gold than beige) really suits the car.
    Having seen pics you posted of your car in some thread or other, I must say that calling it "beige" makes it seem...self-deprecating? Think that's the word :o: what I mean is calling it gold (as you said, it looks gold anyway) sounds way more impressive than saying it's "beige"!

ReputationRep:
    Primera was Techno Grey, nothing much Techno about it xD

Ford for Metropolis Blue, which I can understand being how common the Focus is in towns and cities and being blue!

Octavia is Candy white What the hell is Candy about it?

Strangely even after meguiar 3 step, gold class wash and wax other way around xD it still doesn't look as good as my neighbours 58 reg Candy White A3 or Golf GTI the A3 has the same colour code too xD

ReputationRep:
    C274 - Thanks Your thinking is exactly my thinking but Porsches thinking in the 80's thats probably a different matter!

ReputationRep:
    The old one was Ice White. It sounded more like a toothpaste, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Tangellow ... Actually ... I love it!

ReputationRep:
    my car is 'oyster silver' ie 'sort of gold-ish'

ReputationRep:
    State blue is the best
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    "Leaf green" was the colour of my mom's old car.

Funny thing is...it was blue! (Like a teal, greenish blue? Definitely not like any leaf I've ever seen!)

ReputationRep:
    Mines "star silver"

ReputationRep:
    My favourite so far is on a C3 Picasso - 'Bitter Lemon Metallic'. Lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coni)
    Mines "star silver"
    The most common Astra G colour ever!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.