Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering, from your knowledge, has the IB ever made a mistake in giving out scores?

For example, a candidate was said to have a 4 in a subject online, on the 6th of July, but then when the IBCs got back the percentages, they actually received a grade lower than a 4.

Btw, this has never happened, as far as I know, I'm just curious, since the IB needs to keep track of so many candidates.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it, and even if it did happen, no one would find out to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    haha! how weird, i just had a dream where one of my (slacker) friends had gotten 28points in real life but in the dream he noticed he'd gotten 39 points when he logged on to the results site :p: sorry i wasn't of much help.. But in all honesty, even if they noticed they made a mistake i doubt they'd do anything about it..surely if the mistake was of such a huge magnitude like grade 2 instead of 7 then the candidate would notice something went wrong and ask for a remark where it'd be revealed.

ReputationRep:
    I heard that if you re-check your grades cant go lower under any circumstances. Even if a subject was mistakenly graded higher.

ReputationRep:
    Math HL P3, specifically, I'm pretty sure I got 48/60 as I messed up a convergence theorem (stupid of me, I know). IB apparently thinks I got 55/60 though (5 marks lost from a blank question).

So I'd say yes? I think there have also been cases where the marker missed a page or something... :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this happens, but there can definately be errors in marking, and a studnet may have deserved higher or lower than achieved. So I don't see why not. It may be an idea to contact the school/IBO

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.