Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's not technically a cake, but black forest gateaux :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rei)
    tell me you've posted this before somewhere else, coz i just had the weirdest deja vu ever..
    lol no I havn't, it's great that someone recognises is as a great cake! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a late post, but I have an amazing recipe...

It has a stupid name ('naughty' fudge cake, wtf?) but I have to say, I made this for my boyfriend's birthday and everyone there was just like :eek: :drool: :love: and they absolutely LOVED it. His family then had some, who are really hard to impress, and loved it as well. Literally everyone who tried it said it is one of the nicest cakes they've ever had.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6...ate-fudge-cake

Absolutely stunning recipe. have a go - it's SO EASY as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    I know this is a late post, but I have an amazing recipe...

It has a stupid name ('naughty' fudge cake, wtf?) but I have to say, I made this for my boyfriend's birthday and everyone there was just like :eek: :drool: :love: and they absolutely LOVED it. His family then had some, who are really hard to impress, and loved it as well. Literally everyone who tried it said it is one of the nicest cakes they've ever had.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6...ate-fudge-cake

Absolutely stunning recipe. have a go - it's SO EASY as well
    Thanks for this recipe - i've been looking for a similar one that doesn't need you to melt chocolate etc and that can be made quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Cheesecake of any kind. I just love that bscuity base. Is it technically a cake, or is it a tart? Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    Cupcakkkkkkkes

ReputationRep:
    Coffee and Walnut cake.
    Ginger Bread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    Cheesecake of any kind. I just love that bscuity base. Is it technically a cake, or is it a tart? Who cares?
    Strawberry Cheesecake is the best though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Strawberry Cheesecake is the best though.
    :coma:

Do you eat it in layers also? I eat the strawberry coulis first, then the cream, then the base...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    :coma:

Do you eat it in layers also? I eat the strawberry coulis first, then the cream, then the base...
    I let it sit in my mouth and melt for a while :coma:

Oh I really want some now. :coma: I don't really like New York Cheesecake though, maybe I've just had some bad experiences with it but the one I tried once was bland and not so creamy and not as soft as usual, it was very, very disappointing :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I made this banana bread yesterday, but used 4 bananas, not 3, and added some broken up chocolate into the mixture and it was AMAZING. There's only a tiny bit left. It's pretty big, and my mum and sister practically finished it between them. You should all make it. Nay you must all make it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle2182006.ece

ReputationRep:
    M&S Victoria Sponge is bloody amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Coffee and Walnut, or Jamaican Rum and spice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Does anyone know any recipes using peanut butter or butterscotch? MM
    Use butter scotch as a filler for butterfly cakes. Loved them when I was a kid. These days I prefer carrot cake or something similar. Jamaica cake is also very nice with a cup of tea! I despise icing.

ReputationRep:
    Regular birthday cake, with strawberry jam.

ReputationRep:
    Coffee Cake! It's amazing =)

ReputationRep:
    Carrot Cake!

Lemon Cake is pretty good too though. Oh - and Golden Syrup Cake is amazing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.