Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Al Sharpton is THE man. :afro: I know people say Obama is a good speaker but he doesn't have the BOOM/oomph that the voice of Al Sharpton has (I think his chubbyness probably adds to the BOOM in his voice that skinnier people don't have). Whether you like Michael Jackson or not is another matter but that speech Sharpy done is one of the greatest I have ever seen with my bare eyes. The delivery and words used were on an absolutely orgasmic level. :coma: The way he just stands there and lets the words flow. So beautiful, so inspiring, and so natural. I wish I could speak like the guy.

Speech of the decade? Do you think there are better public speakers out there (feel free to post links)? I don't think so. :no:

ReputationRep:
    The subject matter brings it down a few notches, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    i no this isnt in the last decade but i had to say martin luther's speeches gave me goose pipples when i watched them in my history lessons the emotion from him is amazing although i watched the michael jackson thing on tv and there were some good speeches.

ReputationRep:
    Its good, but all the man does is shout, and that brings it down.

ReputationRep:
    Ah - I found his pauses quite strange, actually. Pauses in weird places.

"People that.....felt"
    "Michael never let the world.......turn him " etc.

Not saying he's a bad public speaker, though. Even if he is crediting Michael Jackson with a little too much, imo

ReputationRep:
    Hitler was a good public speaker IMO. A complete w*nker, but his speeches were good.

(Original post by nikki_louise)
    i no this isnt in the last decade but i had to say martin luther's speeches gave me goose pipples when i watched them in my history lessons the emotion from him is amazing although i watched the michael jackson thing on tv and there were some good speeches.
    Yeah, his speeches were fantastic. I actually prefer his final speech to the "I have a dream" one, but yeah..

ReputationRep:
    Margaret Thatcher had her moments, and I was really impressed with David Cameron's impromptu speech - was that a Tory Conference? I can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    He makes MJ sound like Jesus lmao.

ReputationRep:
    My old history teacher used to bum Hitler's speeches. He even made us Nazi salute at the end of one of his lessons. I'm not even kidding.

ReputationRep:
    Almost hypnotic! I was only going to watch a few seconds of it but i got really into it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Not the greatest, but Gordon Brown is actually a talented orator. His speeches in the UK are rubbish, but the one he gave to the US Congress was really quite impressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    My old history teacher used to bum Hitler's speeches. He even made us Nazi salute at the end of one of his lessons. I'm not even kidding.
    :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Hitler. Look at what he done with them. If thats not power through speech I dont know what is.

ReputationRep:
    Mel Gibson

*cough* Freedom *cough*

ReputationRep:
    In general I find public speakers who are black have a presence about them.

At the MJ memorial the congresswomen was impressive too.

But Al Sharpton is in a league of his own.

Martin Luther Kings son and daughter were good too.

I guess it comes from the countless speeches they listen to at Church.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be Nelson Mandela.

ReputationRep:
    There is only one man

The real king

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTq6aApCBnA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Not the greatest, but Gordon Brown is actually a talented orator. His speeches in the UK are rubbish, but the one he gave to the US Congress was really quite impressive.
    I completely agree, I like this one:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oladz)
    Almost hypnotic! I was only going to watch a few seconds of it but i got really into it :yep:
    Same here. I was finishing my dinner when he came on and I was all like "what bullshizzle is Sharpy gonna spew out today!?" but the brother proved my wrong. :coma:

(Original post by 46664)
    In general I find public speakers who are black have a presence about them.

At the MJ memorial the congresswomen was impressive too.

But Al Sharpton is in a league of his own.

Martin Luther Kings son and daughter were good too.

I guess it comes from the countless speeches they listen to at Church.
    That's a fact. :yep: These guys don't need public speaking lessons. :no:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.