Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewbailey)
    Will I need a photo ID for the Union bar? or will the fact that I'm a student be enough?
    I don't currently have anything so I thought I'd ask now while I still have plenty of time to get one
    Ohh sorry, I wasn't 100% clear :o: I definitely don't look 18 and was wondering whether I would need ID because of that.

ReputationRep:
    freshers ball,
    blazin squad and chesney hawkes...oh dear! hahaha
    should be a laugh!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I was just reading everybodys posts and I thought I'd give my input

Firstly... people have different experiences of freshers week/the whole of the 1st year compared to others, and I think the people that seem to get more out of the whole 'experience' (in terms of having a good time, making friends and settling into uni life) are the ones who just try and get involved in activities as soon as they arrive.. even if this seems daunting and scary at first!
    I have to point out that our best bits of Fresher Week and most memorable was the stuff we did for ourselves, the sitting around the kitchen or on the grass. We did all the JCR events etc but still enjoyed the random stuff best. A lot of people who didn't get involved in the activities and stuff still settled in well and made friends so don't get too hung up on having to go out everywhere 100% of the time! Yes do go out as much as you want but don't think you'll be a hermit for the entire year if you miss a few events!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beatrix Potter)
    freshers ball,
    blazin squad and chesney hawkes...oh dear! hahaha
    should be a laugh!
    U serious?? :eek: Chesney's quite good.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few of you seem so down about the Freshers line up, I seriously cannot wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewbailey)
    Ohh sorry, I wasn't 100% clear :o: I definitely don't look 18 and was wondering whether I would need ID because of that.
    Yeah they'll ID everyone, NUS is usually sufficient ID at the union though

Frehers passes available now
    http://www.sutickets.com/event/58257

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlocFFC)
    Quite a few of you seem so down about the Freshers line up, I seriously cannot wait!
    Last years was alot better in my opinion, never the less it will still be live this year

ReputationRep:
    i'm sooo confused, do we have to buy tickets and that to get in anywhere now? can't we just show up on the nights and get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalbert)
    i'm sooo confused, do we have to buy tickets and that to get in anywhere now? can't we just show up on the nights and get in?
    Tickets become available on the first monday from 12pm. Last year the queue was about 4 hours long, and most tickets will sell out before 6pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deleted)
    I have to point out that our best bits of Fresher Week and most memorable was the stuff we did for ourselves, the sitting around the kitchen or on the grass.
    I'm inclined to agree with that, and I'm not there yet. Bits like that are what make it.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is getting me excited again!! Its going to be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Random question for the freshers ball do the girls just wear casual dresses? Curious because I don't own any sort of dress and feel like I should go out and buy something.

ReputationRep:
    if in doubt, wear a black dress :-D

ReputationRep:
    Best night of fresheres for me was the first event that the Bulmershe JCR organised on the monday.
    White t shirt night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escorcio)
    Best night of fresheres for me was the first event that the Bulmershe JCR organised on the monday.
    White t shirt night
    I might be showing my level of stupidity here but I'm at Bulmershe this year and I was just wondering what the hell a white t-shirt night is?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by udders)
    I might be showing my level of stupidity here but I'm at Bulmershe this year and I was just wondering what the hell a white t-shirt night is?!
    I am so glad I'm not the only person wondering this!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by udders)
    I think its when you take a "white t-shirt" which gets written all over

ReputationRep:
    Think the JCR are planning the same events, so you'll have a white t shirt night.
    Everyones goes into the JCR with a blank white t shirt. Everyone writes stuff on there etc etc etc

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.