Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men in t-shirts and jeans Watch

• View Poll Results: should i upgrade?
    yes, you need some more variety in your wardrobe but you should be willing to spend much more money on things I'll list below
    31.82%
    yes, you need variety but you can buy enough with your budget on things I'll list below
    22.73%
    No, that's normal and just leave it at that mate
    45.45%

ReputationRep:
    poll above!

Hi,

Currently my entire closet consists of lame t-shirts that I've gotten for free over the years that look kind of like this
    and cheap jeans.

Is this normal? Do you think I should upgrade? Let's say I have about £30/$50 to spend on new clothes. Should I bother getting anything new, and if so, what?

Haha, it's not a real big deal, but I feel better when I feel good about my clothes. I'd either like some reassurance that what I wear now is normal even if it is tiring (I find myself wearing the same t-shirt for a couple of days at a time) or some advice on what to do with my tight budget!

Oh, by the way, I really like winter because I can wear the same sweater over these t-shirts every day but since it looks nice, it doesn't ever matter. But now it's summer! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen that top before and I even considered getting one :O Na your fine.

ReputationRep:
    Just get some nicer expensive straight legged jeans (if you get tight jeans, or bootcut, you are a homosexual.)

ReputationRep:
    My bf does pretty much the same thing and it suits him well.

If it suits you then I see no reason at all to change!

ReputationRep:
    Get a few shirts. You don't need to overhaul your entire closet, but it's nice to have some non-tshirts every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    jeans and tshirts are fine, as long as you have some good jackets, cardigans, jumpers etc to go over them and accesorize well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    jeans and tshirts are fine, as long as you have some good jackets, cardigans, jumpers etc to go over them and accesorize well
    that exactly what i do

T shirt, jeans and jacket

If im just gonna wear a t shirt with no jacket, id normally wear some shorts instead.

ReputationRep:
    Well for men you essentially can only wear jeans and a t-shirt (i hate shirts), there's not that much variety with men's clothes.

I'd suggest trying ebay (search retro/vintage) for new clothes if you need some more because these seem to have more variety and inkeep with the style you seem to have. If you want designer clothes that aren't too expensive try asos.com, they sell some good stuff. Also try investing in a jacket/blazer.

Atleast you aren't wearing those Lyle & Scott jumpers.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a few shirts, for non-tshirt days. A blazer is good also, if you like that kind of style. If you get the right one, it can also go over t-shirts without looking too crap, and is good to have as an extra layer on days that are half-way between hot and cold.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with tees like that, way better than the generic crap you see a lot of the time. Might want to get trousers that aren't jeans though, cargo or baggy black work trousers would look decent.

You do get different styles of tee/shirt aswell so maybe look at stuff that is different to the normal short sleeve tee. Long sleeve grandads are good as a tee or shirt imo.

ReputationRep:
    Okay okay...what do you mean by jacket though? Like the blazer spanghew mentioned?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.