Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is it with them eyeing you up everytime you go for a walk ? Lol i was checking my bank account and i finished looked to my left and woah and behold a chav with a can of Fosters was giving me the death look. :p: I went into the shop 5 minutes before and as i went in they were staring as if Id started on them. I feel like i get this a bit, but its always worse when I come home becuase the congregate in the same places and never leave the village. I dont understand there concept of human peer bonding, for once this didnt piss me off i just avoided there glances and walked off. I know they can get aggresive but they only seem to this when there in a pack, like bloody heyenas. Sorry for the rant but i just cant the point in sitting outside a shop, eyeing every customer that goes in and out

ReputationRep:
    I do know exactly what you mean and they ******* piss me off. The worst thing is when such people try to use the defence of poverty to justify their anti-social behaviour. As anybody who knows me will verify, I spend the better part of my time campaigning for social justice and against poverty, and their actions have **** all to do with any such thing. Indeed, half the chavs I've encountered are from fairly wealthy backgrounds. They're wilfully unpleasant people and can be downright intimidating. I go out on a Friday night and never once feel in danger from large drunk blokes in nightclubs yet these delinquent 15 year olds are a different matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    I do know exactly what you mean and they ******* piss me off. The worst thing is when such people try to use the defence of poverty to justify their anti-social behaviour. As anybody who knows me will verify, I spend the better part of my time campaigning for social justice and against poverty, and their actions have **** all to do with any such thing. Indeed, half the chavs I've encountered are from fairly wealthy backgrounds. They're wilfully unpleasant people and can be downright intimidating.
    Same here. One guy who lives near me has the most super-middle class family, it's unbelievable. And a supportive family. His mum drives him to counselling and everything.

Still, in his own mind he's a gangster :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Same here. One guy who lives near me has the most super-middle class family, it's unbelievable. And a supportive family. His mum drives him to counselling and everything.

Still, in his own mind he's a gangster :rolleyes:
    yea there is a boy who went to my boarding school, he was very richbut still he sold drugs and thought he was a gangster.

ReputationRep:
    I know, they are horrendous arent they. They are everything that makes this country ****

ReputationRep:
    what I really want to know is, if chavs are characterised by living in fairly low income households, how are they able to afford all that Argos jewellry, Lacoste tracksuits and things, some people say its them spending benefits, or possibly that they steal them but these are just generalisations
    are there other reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    what I really want to know is, if chavs are characterised by living in fairly low income households, how are they able to afford all that Argos jewellry, Lacoste tracksuits and things, some people say its them spending benefits, or possibly that they steal them but these are just generalisations
    are there other reasons
    To your list of extravagant chav-purchases, I'm going to add a pool-table.

At least three households on one chav-populated road I know have one. I watched with anger as one was delivered, and carried inside by a huge group of people who really should have been at work in the middle of the day.

ReputationRep:
    lol... they just want to beat you up. it's how people are, it's how the world works.

ReputationRep:
    They don't have anything better to do. Thats how they get their kicks, never try to start conflict. They thrive on it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.