Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have just booked my theory test and it says I need to bring photographic ID as well as my photocard and paper licence. I've looked online and I can't see what counts as valid photographic ID. I don't have a passport. Does anyone know what counts, or where I can find out. Whenever I ring the helpline I just get an engaged tone. :confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks!! +rep to anyone who helps.

ReputationRep:
    Well the your driving license normally counts as photographic ID but since they specifically mention it separately im guessing you need something else in addition. Passport would be the obvious choice; student ID maybe?

the theory test day letter, your photocard prov. licence and counterpart are all you need

you don't have a passport?!?! get out!!

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have an old style license, you shouldn't need a passport or anything, just your photocard and paper license.

From the DSA website:

(Original post by DSA)
    Reporting for your theory test

You must bring the following items with you. If you do not, we may refuse to carry out the test and you may lose your fee.

Your appointment letter.
    Both parts of your valid signed UK (or Northern Ireland) driving licence.
    If you have an old-style paper licence you must bring both your paper licence and a valid passport.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your driving instructor they will know

ReputationRep:
    I just have my confirmation number and both parts of my licence. Can i just turn up with these? My friend says you need to bring a tear away slip or some kind of letter?!? :confused:

EDIT: I havnt been sent a letter by the way..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    I just have my confirmation number and both parts of my licence. Can i just turn up with these?
    Yes.

My friend says you need to bring a tear away slip or some kind of letter?!? :confused:
    When you get the letter of appointment, keep it safe and take it with you. No idea what the tear off slip is meant to be.

EDIT: I havnt been sent a letter by the way..
    You'll get one. If you've booked by phone or online, it will take a few days to arrive. If for whatever reason it doesn't, it's not the end of the world. It just speeds up the process at the test centre. As long as you have your confirmation number and both parts of your licence, you'll be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.