Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why has my Weightloss come to a sudden halt? Watch

ReputationRep:
    At the start of last week I weighed in at 13 stone and 8 lbs, a weight I have been at for a while (After losing 75 or so lbs last year). I decided to start this fatloss plan desinged to get rid of the final stone (or more) in a month, so I could finally concentrate on muscle gain without worrying about being too fat.

This diet involves alot of protein and fat, aswell carb cycling with some days of high carb, some low and Sundays (rest day) no carbs at all and specific meal plans for your weight (which you have to underestimate, for example, if you weigh 240lbs then use the 200lbs template) so I have been using the 150-5lbs template. Everyday there is exercise, some with HIIT and then steady state cardio (Totalling about 45 mins) and some with weight lifting, resistance circuits and more intense but shorter HIIT.

The first 5 days were great, I went down to a low of 13 stone and 1 pound, (it says to weigh every day) on the 5th day, and you could visibly see my smaller stomach etc (the diet promises no muscle loss and gives alot research and crap to back it) so I carried on. However, on the 6th day, I woke up to find I was back to 13 stone and 3 lbs, so I thought "ok it might remain stable for a few days" and kept to the intense training and diet plan. However, it is now the 13th day, and I still weigh 13 stone and 2 lbs, Its as if the diet is having no effect at all.

I have stuck to it the best I can, does anyone know what could be causing this? perhaps I'm measuring my veggies too inaccurately and having more than I should?

Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    In the first few days you lost a lot of water weight, you're now beginning to lose fat which is a much slower process. You can't expect to lose more than 1-2lbs of fat a week healthily. That's the reason your weight loss has slowed. The day you were 13 stone 1 you were probably quite dehydrated when you weighed in. If you weigh yourself daily you can't afford to take it too literally, as you will get fluctuations. I do it out of habit, but most people reccommend you weigh yourself weekly, on the same day, first thing after getting up.

ReputationRep:
    You wont lose 7lbs of fat in a week so, as above poster mentioned, that was all water weight. Also the 2lbs a week thing is right.

Why is your training so scattered? Why are you doing two different intensities of HIIT in a week? I'd drop that steady cardio down to 20/30mins too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    You wont lose 7lbs of fat in a week so, as above poster mentioned, that was all water weight. Also the 2lbs a week thing is right.

Why is your training so scattered? Why are you doing two different intensities of HIIT in a week? I'd drop that steady cardio down to 20/30mins too.
    Its more like this:

5 minute warm up

1 minute sprint
    2 minute jog
    (6 times)

5 minute very low intensity jog

20 minute moderate intensity jog

3-5 min cool down

and for the resistance days,

4 sets of 6 to 8 reps of a compound exercise, followed by 2 10 minute circuits consisting of things like pull ups and squat presses. And to finish it, 3 rounds of 120 second sprint 120 rest or 6 rounds (increasing each week) of 30 second sprint/90 second rest

As for the 2lbs a week thing, I don't know if its just advertising lies but the reviews I've read and videos on youtube suggest that the people who followed it did infact lose around 17lbs in just 4 weeks, and surely if it was all a lie then they wouldn't be allowed to sell it?

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised what people can sell. A lot of people/websites are paid to give a success story as these companies make big money. A lot of the weight loss actually lies in water weight.

ReputationRep:
    I'd drop that steady cardio down to 20/30mins too.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    Why?
    A mix of overworking and muscle loss. Also, the cardio after the 5min cool-down following the HIIT goes against HIIT programmes.

ReputationRep:
    A mix of overworking and muscle loss. Also, the cardio after the 5min cool-down following the HIIT goes against HIIT programmes.
    SSCV should be a minimum 40 mins.

Altho it shouldnt be done the same day as HIIT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    Altho it shouldnt be done the same day as HIIT.
    That's what I was saying.

ReputationRep:
    According to this thing (vaguely, I'm not sure what legal boundaries there are when pasting info from copywrited material) its something to do with dumping triglycerides into the blood steam, releasing more fat cells for energy after HIIT and then using it up with steady state cardio before it is redeposited as fat. It's the first time I have ever heard of it, perhaps I was too eager to fall for their bull****

ReputationRep:
    What is this 'thing' you speak of? I take it you paid for this advice? What is the name of the product / plan?

Did you get it from a website?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.warpspeedfatloss.com/index1.php

EDIT: I came across this when I followed a link from a different topic on this forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atal)
    http://www.warpspeedfatloss.com/index1.php

EDIT: I came across this when I followed a link from a different topic on this forum
    About £50 for Warp Speed Fat Loss?

I hope it works for you mate, but in saying that at least they offer a 60 day money back guarantee.

On a side note, is it me or are there two different guys in this pic?

ReputationRep:
    Upon closer inspection it appears some people lost alot more realistic levels of 10lbs or 6 lbs, so I won't lose hope just yet

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.