Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

not ready for a relationship, how do i tell him?? :( Watch

well basically as said in the title, i dont feel 100% ready for a relationship emotionally but i really like this guy i cant say i love cause if i did i would be ready but i'm not so i just really like him but im sure he loves me.
    ANYWAY;
    its been over 3 months that we've been like together but unofficially, so it doesnt feel like im single & im not in relationship and its starting to mess with my head i'm not ready for this but i dont want to loose him either.

what the hell do i do
    i can only think of a few options leave it like it is & grow from it
    finnish it completely & stay as friends
    or get into a serious relationship

thats all i can think of LOL help?!:redface:

bump!!

ReputationRep:
    Just be friends for a while; I don't understand the logic with the whole, I like him/her therefore I must go out with him/her. You don't necessarily have to bring it up either, guys don't notice anything. Just don't start acting really awkward around him; that's when problems arise.

(Original post by alexpr2000)
    Just be friends for a while; I don't understand the logic with the whole, I like him/her therefore I must go out with him/her. You don't necessarily have to bring it up either, guys don't notice anything. Just don't start acting really awkward around him; that's when problems arise.
    i totally agree with your point & thats why i dont want to be in a relationship but he on the other hand is very serious & really wants to make it official etcetc whereas i would prefer just staying friends who casualy kiss :P

moreeee advice please!
    or anyone whose been in a similar experience

ReputationRep:
    You could try talking to him about you feel and see if the two of you can work something out together. I know it might sound hard, but at least you will both know where you stand in the end.

ReputationRep:
    basically tell him the truth. tell him you don't want to lose him but you aren't ready for a relationship. take it slowly and let the relationship grow. if it's meant to be then he will understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    whereas i would prefer just staying friends who casualy kiss :P
    neeeeever going to happen. I mean where would you expect to go from there? Why not just tell him that you're scared of having a full blown relationship now, and would like to take things slowly? You don't have to love someone to be in a relationship initially. Most couples get together because of physical attraction, or as i did, made a relationship out of a close friendship.

ReputationRep:
    I would be pissed off so badly if I'd been seeing someone for 3 months and then they came out with that utter ********.

thanks for the advice guys everyones been so supportive
    and i cant spell LOL

ReputationRep:
    God, I was on the receiving end of this recently - hurts like hell.
    I can't seeing it ending well for you, just just be honest and tell him how you feel, stay friends for a while and see where it goes from there...

(Original post by Ozy)
    God, I was on the receiving end of this recently - hurts like hell.
    I can't seeing it ending well for you, just just be honest and tell him how you feel, stay friends for a while and see where it goes from there...
    really :O: if you dont mind if its not to personal can you tell me of your experiences in such a situation?
    much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    really :O: if you dont mind if its not to personal can you tell me of your experiences in such a situation?
    much appreciated
    I can't really say because some of her friends might use these forums. But in short I met her when she split up with her ex and she lead me on for 5 months, we got really close and I'd trust her with anything, then she turns around and says that she doesn't want a relationship with me.
    She did say she loved me too, so it hurt even more, meh.

Just be careful with this guy, if he does have feeling for you. I'm not sure how you can break to him without breaking his heart.

(Original post by Ozy)
    I can't really say because some of her friends might use these forums. But in short I met her when she split up with her ex and she lead me on for 5 months, we got really close and I'd trust her with anything, then she turns around and says that she doesn't want a relationship with me.
    She did say she loved me too, so it hurt even more, meh.

Just be careful with this guy, if he does have feeling for you. I'm not sure how you can break to him without breaking his heart.
    oh right well thank you for all that info
    yes i know its gonna be hard & i wish i never put myself in this situation

ReputationRep:
    you could just let it develop naturally. you say you like him and don't want to lose him, but just aren't ready for a relationship. this doesn't mean you have to split up. it sounds like you're together anyway and taking it slowly doesn't mean that you are putting a stop to it all...

ReputationRep:
    You definitely have to be careful with this situation. I think if you don't want a relationship then there's no way around it, you just have to tell him. If you definitely know it isn't going anywhere it's not right to lead him on. Of course the problem arises when you aren't ready for a relationship. To be honest I don't know what to advise because only you can decide what you want but I have been in a similar situation so I understand what you're going through!

I was seeing a guy for about 3 months and I knew he really liked me. I liked him back and had never felt that way before. However for some reason it didn't seem right and I decided a relationship wasn't what I wanted. The thing is even though I knew it wasn't going anywhere it was awful having to end it and I know he was really hurt. After all that I still can't get him off of my mind and I think I might have made a huge mistake! So yeah basically think carefully before you make a decision or you could end up regretting it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.