Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone out there with any repeat blood test experiences? Had a letter after OASC in early May, telling me I was in 'the sift,' followed by a request for a repeat blood test. The results of the repeat where posted to Cranwell at least three weeks ago now but I have heard nothing since then.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm not sure what you want people to say? Are you asking if people often have repeat blood tests, or what the problems could be, or when you're likely to hear, or what?

The most common reason, a medical friend once told me, for asking for repeat blood tests in the civilian world is that they've lost/compromised/damaged the previous sample.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been asked fro them a few times but if it was for a health reason they would call me and say that specifically but alot of the time it would be an error for example the doctor put the blood in the wrong colour of test bottle thing etc or they lost it but I thought that was a little odd.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes the blood doesn't travel well. Has happened to me before. I wouldn't get worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    I have had to have a repeat blood test for only liver function. I know I shouldn't worry, but I really am, wouldn't know what to do if all this hard work went to waste!

ReputationRep:
    yep, i had oasc last month and repeat liver function tests, i was worried until i found out that at least two other guys had the same letter. the letter came the same day as my acceptance letter too so i wouldn't worry and the tests cleared out fine!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers mate, makes me feel a little better! What IOT are you on?

ReputationRep:
    IOT 19 so long as security clearance and med history clear out. starts 15th november. make sure you get on the facebook group if you make that one!

ReputationRep:
    Yep thats my date, if my security and LFT's come back all clear

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much, I had two repeats for LFT. I waited quite a while so phoned the med centre to be told they were clear, they weren't going to send a letter or anything!

Give them a call, they are helpful enough.

ReputationRep:
    My fella had to repeat his blood tests due to high glucose levels, although this was for his civilian GP to fill out his army medical form, not at OASC/ADSC. Turns out I should have bought him a sprite to drink just beforehand for the urine sample...! But the second time came back fine.

Usually it's just an administrative error, but there's not really a lot you can do so try not to worry about it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.